Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion Box
We really value your feedback. Please let us know what you think of Devialet Chat and whether there are any improvements we can make.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(27-May-2014, 11:06)GuillaumeB Wrote: We really value your feedback. Please let us know what you think of Devialet Chat and whether there are any improvements we can make.

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume

Firstly, thanks for setting this up. One initial thought;

It might be useful to have some input from Devialet themselves? There tends to be a lot of speculation about their plans/motives etc (the 400 vs 250 debate, for instance), so anything from the horses mouth would be good.

Looking forward to chatting with likeminded folk about Devialets!
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
May I suggest a 'general Devialet news' section on the forum for us to share news worthy things, like new firmware, models etc.?

What may also be nice is sort of a 'Showcase' subforum where anybody who wishes to, can post a topic with his/her complete system.

To invite Devialet into this forum like ozthepoz suggested sound like a great idea to me. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(28-May-2014, 12:31)ozthepoz Wrote:
(27-May-2014, 11:06)GuillaumeB Wrote: We really value your feedback. Please let us know what you think of Devialet Chat and whether there are any improvements we can make.

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume

Firstly, thanks for setting this up. One initial thought;

It might be useful to have some input from Devialet themselves? There tends to be a lot of speculation about their plans/motives etc (the 400 vs 250 debate, for instance), so anything from the horses mouth would be good.

Looking forward to chatting with likeminded folk about Devialets!

ozthepoz, welcome to the forum! Smile Absolutely! we would like nothing more than for Devialet themselves to participate. Wouldn't that be great! Big Grin Perhaps if they can see what a friendly crowd we are they will consider joining in! Let's get a few weeks under our belt and I will approach them.

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(28-May-2014, 14:57)Antoine Wrote: May I suggest a 'general Devialet news' section on the forum for us to share news worthy things, like new firmware, models etc.?

What may also be nice is sort of a 'Showcase' subforum where anybody who wishes to, can post a topic with his/her complete system.

To invite Devialet into this forum like ozthepoz suggested sound like a great idea to me. Smile

Antoine - brilliant ideas I'll get these implemented right away. Welcome to Devialet Chat! Smile

Guillaume

UK
Thanks Guillaume! And it was a really great idea to create this forum so thank you for that! Now I no longer have to visit four of even five different forums to meet all the owners and keep myself up to date and/or to share things I think may be interesting to others. Smile

I hope you don't mind sharing the link to this forum on different forums?
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
How does everyone think we're getting on? Please let us know your ideas for improvements! Smile This is your forum!

Thanks

Guillaume

UK
hi thanks so far for the initiative

Maybe some Topics on top of the forums with guides ? (not topics you discuss in,but just get info)

How to set up a wireless network home with tips (like the one in Devialet pages)

How to configure your Devialet etc etc (think the config can be very hi tech for some)
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
(28-May-2014, 21:56)Petter Wrote: hi thanks so far for the initiative

Maybe some Topics on top of the forums with guides ? (not topics you discuss in,but just get info)

How to set up a wireless network home with tips (like the one in Devialet pages)

How to configure your Devialet etc etc (think the config can be very hi tech for some)

Great idea! Smile Like a "how to" section?

Martyn's the expert on wireless networks, I'm sure he can help out here!

Guillaume

UK
Hi and thanks for this great idea!

I have a few of suggestions regarding sections:
- What about having a "rumor mill" section (with rumors from the shows, forums, etc) ?
- Maybe a Reviews/Articles section where online/offline articles could be posted
- Maybe a some sections could be put together to make it more structured? Like "Devialet Chat" for anything forum related (Information & Support Desk), "Devialet News" for the News/Rumors/Events/Articles and "Community" for the rest

Those are just my 2 cents!

Cheers