Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sweet Room
(23-May-2021, 11:52)ogs Wrote:
(23-May-2021, 10:33)Fla7a Wrote: but this would mean that the EQ bands for the left channel are also used for the right channel

If the left channel amp only has L EQ values and the right channel amp only has R EQ values?

Well this I have tried already. If the left channel amp only gets the L EQ values, then no EQ is applied for the left channel.
On the other hand, if the right channel amp gets only the R EQ values, it delivers the correct results for the right channel.
This is pretty messed up.
Melco N1A - Devialet 440 Pro - B&W 802 D3
Aha!
Serious bug then. Quite annoying!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Yes, indeed!
Oh wow - especially as this is one of the most use cases, having an asymmetrical setup of left/right speaker requiring different filters for each.
Yes, that's also how I see it.
Did anyone get feedback on that from Devialet?
Still no answer...
But maybe that's a good sign and they found the bug or at least could reproduce it?
Yep raising awareness is sometimes an important step.
Mathieu is answering some questions - hopefully he will also provide some feedback of status quo / timeline of bug fixes and new features
In a few months it will be a year since the last OS/Firmware update where Sweet Room was announced. There's so much to hope for but so little to like in it's current form. Let's hope Devialet has a plan for it's future. Hard to imagine they don't but also hard to understand why they have communicated so little about their plans for it.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA