Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIDAL question
(23-Mar-2017, 13:46)Womaz Wrote: Well my experiment does not go well Smile
My laptop freezes when using Tidal. It happens sometimes when I change track or album. It has also just happened when the album was going to the next track

My laptop gave me the following error code
DPC -WATCHDOG-VIOLATION

So I dont think its an AIR issue, I beleive its Tidal. I will be removing it from my laptop.

I'll bet dollars to donuts it's Air and not Tidal.  Easy enough to test, plug your laptop in with USB and repeat your tests.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(23-Mar-2017, 13:54)Dr Tone Wrote:
My laptop freezes when using Tidal. It happens sometimes when I change track or album. It has also just happened when the album was going to the next track

DPC -WATCHDOG-VIOLATION

So I dont think its an AIR issue, I beleive its Tidal. I will be removing it from my laptop.

I'll bet dollars to donuts it's Air and not Tidal.  Easy enough to test, plug your laptop in with USB and repeat your tests.

Already deleted my friend Big Grin my laptop used for my business so just not willing to take any risks at all.
I do have AIR installed still but my JRiver app has been deleted so not sure I can even be bothered. I had written off AIR, which is a shame as it sounded excellent and I had a decent app
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

DPC -WATCHDOG-VIOLATION

I'm having exactly the same problem.

I have checked the .dmp files that Windows creates always when it crashes (C:\Windows\Minidump), but there is no indication that this would be related directly to AIR. The .dmp files indicate in my case that the crash was:
- Probably caused by : tcpip.sys ( tcpip!IppLoopbackTransmit+1df )
- Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+46470 )
- Probably caused by : memory_corruption

I am not a software developer so my understanding is quite limited debugging this kind of issues.

The crash is easy to reproduce when using Roon -> HQPlayer -> AIR. It only takes 1-3 minutes to make it crash to the bluescreen.

I have contacted Asus, Microsoft, Devialet, computer seller, and even Jussi from HQPlayer because of this issue. Let's see if someone would be able to help.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(23-Mar-2017, 14:13)petrik Wrote:

DPC -WATCHDOG-VIOLATION

I have checked the .dmp files that Windows creates always when it crashes (C:\Windows\Minidump), but there is no indication that this would be related directly to AIR. The .dmp files indicate in my case that the crash was:

I am not a software developer so my understanding is quite limited debugging this kind of issues.

The crash is easy to reproduce when using Roon -> HQPlayer -> AIR. It only takes 1-3 minutes to make it crash to the bluescreen.

I have contacted Asus, Microsoft, Devialet, computer seller, and even Jussi from HQPlayer because of this issue. Let's see if someone would be able to help.

Yeah problems like this made me take the PC out of the music playback chain ..........god knows why I keep trying this.
Its making me appreciate my Melco ( wheres that app promised in October 2015) Big Grin
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

DPC -WATCHDOG-VIOLATION

What type of NIC do you have?  Have you updated the drivers?

Have you disabled all unnecessary network binding?

I only have HQPlayer and AIR but knock on wood have never had it blue screen during music playback.  So it's something very specific with your configuration.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

I can get the bluescreen if I skip songs really fast in Roon when playing through HQ Player and AIR but it is not something that happens very often to me.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(23-Mar-2017, 15:30)Dr Tone Wrote:

DPC -WATCHDOG-VIOLATION

I only have HQPlayer and AIR but knock on wood have never had it blue screen during music playback.  So it's something very specific with your configuration.

Yes, I have updated all drivers from Asus, Intel and Samsung.

This is a desktop computer with LAN. Most settings are just default ones, nothing special that I am aware of. I have also re-installed Windows 10 but that didn't help.

May I ask what is network binding and how can I disable it/those? How do I know what are unnecessary ones? Shy
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland
(23-Mar-2017, 16:41)petrik Wrote:
(23-Mar-2017, 15:30)Dr Tone Wrote:
(23-Mar-2017, 14:13)petrik Wrote: I'm having exactly the same problem.

This is a desktop computer with LAN. Most settings are just default ones, nothing special that I am aware of. I have also re-installed Windows 10 but that didn't help.

May I ask what is network binding and how can I disable it/those? How do I know what are unnecessary ones? Shy

Update: I enabled the Driver Verifier in the Windows and made it crash again. Now it's clearly showing that AIR was causing the bluescreen crash Sad
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland
(23-Mar-2017, 17:17)petrik Wrote:
(23-Mar-2017, 16:41)petrik Wrote:
(23-Mar-2017, 15:30)Dr Tone Wrote: What type of NIC do you have?  Have you updated the drivers?

Update: I enabled the Driver Verifier in the Windows and made it crash again. Now it's clearly showing that AIR was causing the bluescreen crash Sad

Disable the firewall if you haven't already.
Bindings are in the attached image.  I've disable IP6 as I don't use it and Microsoft LLDP.

I also turn off power savings.

Well this afternoon have been a very blue afternoon with perhaps 5 bluscreens in a short while......this never happened with just Roon and AIR but since I got HQ Player this just happens all the time today. I cant remember this happening so often when I tried HQ Player 3.15 and with Air 3.0.2 so something is clearly different.

I have done the changes to the settings that Dr Tone shows in his message and will try to play again.

Edit.

Did play for about an hour or so, but when I skipped some songs in Roon radio mode bluescreen was back.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree