Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
TV -> toslink -> Phantom: contrôle sound
(22-Jan-2020, 13:35)seb Wrote: The sync option in Apple TV settings is using the mic of the iPhone to control when the sound actually arrives (you have to hold it close to the screen). This data then is used to adjust the audio/video signal for lip-sync. The other variable here is that the Apple TV Remote can control the volume of a TV (it can learn the infrared code), but it also controls AirPlay volume. It depends on your TV what it can/should and cannot do (e.g. switching to an external speaker thereby not using the internal speakers). So there are indeed some options, depending on the setup.
I was not clear enough I think ... This adjustment is made for sending data in Airplay from an iDevice to the ATV.
So this parameter will take into account the latency of my iDevice (wifi quality, distance, etc.) when it sends data to the ATV (video and sound).
In my case, it is the ATV which sends the image on the TV (HDMI) and the sound on the Phantom (wired in RJ45) in Airplay. So nothing to have, once we are in Wifi and the ATV receives the data and in my case it is the ATV which sends the data in ethernet.

++ §hu
Ok, maybe this helps to clarify the confusion regarding Apple TV.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210526

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
(23-Jan-2020, 09:32)walther Wrote: I should also add that my phantoms are still on DOS 1. I have not really looked at what DOS 2 would do to my setup so I can not say anything about it. But if someone on DOS 2 tries a similar solution to mine I’d love to hear about how it works and if something need to change (probably).

It's using the UPnP stuff, which is the same on DOS1/DOS2 since upnp is standardized, so should be all good Smile
2x Phantom Silver [Eth] + Remote — DOS 2.12.5
+ Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Ortofon 2M Black) with Pro-ject Tube Box S2 + Swissonic Converter AD 24/192
One more solution: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Low-volu...-migration
(23-Jan-2020, 13:35)seb Wrote: Ok, maybe this helps to clarify the confusion regarding Apple TV.

Hi,

I tried to install, and didnt work on dos2, i dont have a dialog, just used ip of my devialet.

Im not an expert so maybe i did something wrong Sad 

If someone have some free time to help me just mp me
(27-Jan-2020, 22:39)Furtado Wrote:
(23-Jan-2020, 13:35)seb Wrote: Ok, maybe this helps to clarify the confusion regarding Apple TV.

Hi,

I tried to install, and didnt work on dos2, i dont have a dialog, just used ip of my devialet.

I control my phantoms with a universal remote by setting them up in optical direct mode and using Dante dongles to send sound from my AV receiver to the phantoms and using the AV receiver to control the volume.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
(31-Jan-2020, 03:49)njaiswal Wrote:
(27-Jan-2020, 22:39)Furtado Wrote:

Hi,

I control my phantoms with a universal remote by setting them up in optical direct mode and using Dante dongles to send sound from my AV receiver to the phantoms and using the AV receiver to control the volume.

WOW, what kind of house do you have? 10X phantom and 7x reactor!!
So the majority of my phantoms are providing home theater support in the family and living rooms (3 x gold, 2 x reactor in family room and 3 x gold in living room).  The silvers are for the patio, the classics are for the master bedroom, and the rest of the reactors are in my kids' rooms (2 in each kid's room) and my office (1). I run Dante because I have so many...
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
(31-Jan-2020, 21:06)njaiswal Wrote: and the rest of the reactors are in my kids' rooms (2 in each kid's room)

LMAO.  It reminds me of being on a bus in Islington (trendy part of London - or at least it was then) and sitting behind two impossibly trendy guys whom I took to be gay who were reviewing the morning's haircare purchases.  As one of them pulled one bottle after the other out of an expensive looking bag (jojoba, aloe vera, essential oils etc), finally his companion couldn't take it any longer and blurted out "you know you really do spoil that dog!"

2xReactor 900s/kid?  Can you be my daddy?  Angel
(31-Jan-2020, 22:47)struts Wrote:
(31-Jan-2020, 21:06)njaiswal Wrote: and the rest of the reactors are in my kids' rooms (2 in each kid's room)

LMAO.  It reminds me of being on a bus in Islington (trendy part of London - or at least it was then) and sitting behind two impossibly trendy guys whom I took to be gay who were reviewing the morning's haircare purchases.  As one of them pulled one bottle after the other out of an expensive looking bag (jojoba, aloe vera, essential oils etc), finally his companion couldn't take it any longer and blurted out "you know you really do spoil that dog!"

2xReactor 900s/kid?  Can you be my daddy?  Angel
LOL... I don't the other half would approve... :-D