Poll: What is the one 'must have' feature that you would like the streamer board to feature?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Roon RAAT compatible
43.80%
60 43.80%
UPnP
5.11%
7 5.11%
HQPlayer compatibility
0.73%
1 0.73%
Spotify connect
2.19%
3 2.19%
Apple compatibility, iTunes / Airplay
2.92%
4 2.92%
Self-hosted configuration mechanism to allow changes to the Devialet's configuration on the fly
5.84%
8 5.84%
Support for SPARK, to include Phantom compatibility via PLC
2.19%
3 2.19%
A fully self contained streaming system, i.e. no need for a computer, just add NAS or USB memory with music.
19.71%
27 19.71%
I would accept any kind of functionality if sound quality is clearly superior to AIR
10.22%
14 10.22%
Virtual soundcard, much like AIR but with superior sound quality and stability
7.30%
10 7.30%
Total 137 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new Streamer Board - What is the 'must have' feature
I have extracted some of the most common requests from the 'New streamerboard, what functions do we want thread' to form this poll.  Unfortunately, the total number of features that we want collectively exceeds the 10 poll options available, we are a demanding bunch!  So I have had to slim this down to the key options to end up with 10 choices.

I have excluded the idea of having I2S input over a HDMI or RJ45 connector & wordclock input.  To be clear, I for one would be delighted if Devialet included functionality like this, that is something aimed squarely at the pursuit of ultimate sound quality, rather than simply adding features.  However, I think it is so unlikely that this will happen that I have excluded it from the poll options.  What I am thinking is that with the new streamer being an internal board, it simply will not be possible to have a wordclock input or HDMI.  I would be delighted to be proved wrong on this though!

So, there are 10 options to choose from.  The idea here is to choose the one feature you would like to see included, or perhaps it is more of a case of selecting the one feature that if not included would mean that the streamer board is of no use or interest to you.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
The Devialet site describes this new board in a more expansive manner than just as a streaming board... Here's what it says...

Thanks to its unique architecture, your new Expert Pro will be able to support Devialet OS in 2017 via the integration of a new electronic card.

This dedicated card will add more brain power to your Expert Pro and enable new features, such as UPnP/DLNA. It will be offered to you for free as soon as it is available, for all Upgrades before 31st December 2016 (value of $1,800).

Admittedly, this is mostly marketing speak, but I can't imagine UPnP/DLNA will be it's primary purpose, much less the primary feature customers want.  Has anyone seen a more indepth description?

I voted for Roon RAAT but in truth, I'd like to think that an $1800 board is being designed to provide far more capability and/or better sound quality integral to the future of the Expert Pro.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I'd just like to see it make AIR work. The 220 Pro sounds great, but once again AIR is full of white noise.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

Did you try another AIR version? Latest beta works without noice / drops in my setup. I have problems with the latest version (release candidate)
(22-Jan-2017, 15:11)Xander Wrote: Did you try another AIR version? Latest beta works without noice / drops in my setup. I have problems with the latest version (release candidate)

Thanks. I'll switch to it. Is that Os X running on El Capitan?
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

Good options.
I want RAAT and the self hosted config. I can not decide which is more important so I haven't voted yet... probably RAAT, but then Devialet must include a proper re-clocker to keep up with Mutec and TotalDac.
Or opensource AIR, but that is not a selectable option in this poll unless the last option with the virtual card could be made to work that way.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Self-hosted configuration would both delight and surprise me. Qobuz integration would also be really handy, and I think there is a fighting chance it might happen. Subject to how my Roon trial goes, RAAT support would be an unexpected bonus.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Great poll!

RoonReady the must have, config second. Failing both of those two being in there, it will just be used to connect the D to the network for remote control access.

It would be a shame if Devialet prove to be predictable here, but.....

All we Roon users can hope is one of the senior people fall in love with it themselves.

Look at the Roon 1.3 features touted, and then look at Spark. Can Spark do multi-room each with its own EQ and convolution? Enough said.

What a shame Devialet aren't running this poll on their own website....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Definitely Roon for me, getting rid of a windows pc for music listening would be nice!
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(22-Jan-2017, 15:08)AaronG Wrote: I'd just like to see it make AIR work. The 220 Pro sounds great, but once again AIR is full of white noise.

I run AIR 3.0.1 with my 440 Pro, zero dropouts and no whitenoise when I use it with Roon on my Win10 PC. I also seen that the latsest AIR 3.0.2 has problems again.

Quote:The Devialet site describes this new board in a more expansive manner than just as a streaming board... Here's what it says...

Thanks to its unique architecture, your new Expert Pro will be able to support Devialet OS in 2017 via the integration of a new electronic card.

This dedicated card will add more brain power to your Expert Pro and enable new features, such as UPnP/DLNA. It will be offered to you for free as soon as it is available, for all Upgrades before 31st December 2016 (value of $1,800).

Admittedly, this is mostly marketing speak, but I can't imagine UPnP/DLNA will be it's primary purpose, much less the primary feature customers want.  Has anyone seen a more indepth description?

I voted for Roon RAAT but in truth, I'd like to think that an $1800 board is being designed to provide far more capability and/or better sound quality integral to the future of the Expert Pro.

The biggest problem with Devialet OS is if it is like Spark is today with the Dialog and Phantom that it is miles away from Roon (I use both) so even if they make a OS that can for say run directly with a NAS and run Tidal like the Dialog does today the GUI is not very good and the stability of Spark (could be the Dialog also)  is really bad......

I really cant see what Devialets problem is with this streamerboard, other companys can deliver functions and if this card is an ARM based solution there must be power enough to give us many options regarding streaming.

I think dCS uses Streamunlimited product for there Rossini and Vivaldi sereis to get them streaming Roon and Spotify, I can be wrong on this but I think it is the 820 card they use.

http://www.streamunlimited.com/products/...am820.html

http://www.streamunlimited.com/support/d...20-v20.pdf

[Image: stream820foto_med.png]

Quote:On top to the functionality of the Stream800 module the Stream820 offers the following:
  • Faster 1 GHz Cortex-A8 CPU with graphics accelerator
  • More memory (4Gb RAM, 4Gb Flash)
  • External audio clock support
It is perfectly suited for:
  • Lossless and gapless playback
  • Up to 384kHz sampling rate
  • DSD (native and DoP) and DXD support
  • Animated UI
Stream820 in combination with StreamSDK, let’s you build all kinds of high end devices with wireless and wired connections to local networks and the Internet (UPnP/DLNA, USB, iPod, Internet Radio, AirPlay, Chromecast built-in). Control is available via local keys, remote control, Apps, or using a web based user interface.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree