Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about the switch from tubes to a Devialet...
I binned an EAR 899, Sugden Masterclass and ATC pre-power in studio in favour of a D-premier. Truly remarkable bit of kit!
I had different tubed gear through the years and before Devialet a crazy modified Copland preamp that saw of an ARC Ref 5 in blindtests. Well I was just about to buy a full top of the line Lampizator system when I started to think about my toddler at home and the dangers of having exposed tubes here and there.
I was a bit lost but my dealer said, why not try Devialet. So I started more or less in the blind to buy a D170. Wow, to me it did the tube stuff but so many more things. But the main reason was that it handled my main source vinyl extremely well. I got hooked and then with the 200 software came I was totally hooked, and today I run a D400 which says it all.
If it was not for problems with configurator, todays attitude of Devialet and other issues with Dev I would be for the first time a totally satisfied customer.

Yes, I though the Dev kept the virtues of the tubes. Occasionally I miss the tube rolling and I still sit on 300 ECC83 and ECC88.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK