Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal Connect
The great thing about owning an Expert system is that you never need to worry about software upgrades because there are none and never likely to be!
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
I have been looking for a Tidal Connect subject here. I see that it's requested by many Devialet owners. I have recently bought a PI2Design Mercury Streamer to get into Raspberry PI world for experimental purposes(connect it to Deviaet with AES input). I am interested in Linux based operating systems customized for Audio processes. I have tried many of them in the last 2 weeks and I see that Spotify Connect is supported in a standard way in almost all of them. And Tidal Connect can be installed and used if you are familiar with some shell scripting.

As it is said, it becomes popular nowadays and it is started to be supported by many streamers. But Devialet is not only lazy about software development but I think, they do not have skillful software developers, as well. I do not have any hope/expectation such that Tidal Connect will be supported by Devialet soon.

By the way, among these customized operating systems and players, GentooPlayer with customized Real Time Kernel versions and RAMDISK feature(loads the selected apps directly into memory) is great. When I see the features and plugins available in these players, I really do not understand why it is so difficult for Devialet to offer even just half of these features in a smooth way.
Stereo Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS/Internet sources>> Supra CAT8 >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4(Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >> Mercury Streamer (GentooPlayer, MPD+UpMpdCli  running on RAM) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  Mogami Gold AES XLR >> Devialet 220 Pro >> Echole Omnia Speaker/Jumper Cables >> B&W 804D3 Speakers on IsoAcoustics GAIA-II

Headphone Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS(CAT8) >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4( Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >>  Mercury Streamer(GentooPlayer , Mpd/UpMpdCli ) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  RCA Coax >> Chord Hugo >> Fostex TH900 MK2