Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal Hifi vs Apple music
Hello, I’ve been testing Tidal Hifi and Master, i think its sounds better, my usual source is apple music,
But tidal is much more expensive, so not sure if it’s worth..
Any thoughts, has any one tried these two?
(13-Jun-2019, 20:05)Juanbk Wrote: Hello, I’ve been testing Tidal Hifi and Master, i think its sounds better, my usual source is apple music,
But tidal is much more expensive, so not sure if it’s worth..
Any thoughts, has any one tried these two?

I tried the side by side test Tidal had out there a couple of years back to tell the difference between standard and hifi - and I couldn’t tell the difference with the silver phantoms I had 

I still have the hifi subscription mind you Smile

Would be interested to try it again between hifi and master - I find it highly unlikely I could tell the difference again. 

Does anyone know if they have a side by side test for that?
I had the Hi-Fi Subs for about a year, then there were two months of double-debits, which took over 4 months to resolve.  I realised from what I am paying since then (November last year) that I am paying the "Family Master" subs.  I share this with 2 family members

IMHO when you can get a 96KHz 24 bit recording (and there quite a few about) the sound is much better

Some examples:  Bryn Terfel and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  The Age of Love - Ksatriya

[Image: Capture.jpg]

[Image: Capture.jpg]
                                                           Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds