Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal IOS volume control not working via optical to Phantom
Side buttons or lock screen slider don’t do anything - it moves but doesn’t adjust volume then jumps back to starting point a second later 

Have to switch to Devialet app to change volume all the time

Works fine for TV into the same input which is strange 

TV goes through Yahama WXC50 optical input, Tidal IPhone goes through WXC50 airplay input - then both in and out of Dspeaker room correction device via optical 

Weird how one works and the other doesn’t??
(01-Mar-2020, 13:54)Jamington2004 Wrote: Side buttons or lock screen slider don’t do anything - it moves but doesn’t adjust volume then jumps back to starting point a second later 

Have to switch to Devialet app to change volume all the time

Works fine for TV into the same input which is strange 

TV goes through Yahama WXC50 optical input, Tidal IPhone goes through WXC50 airplay input - then both in and out of Dspeaker room correction device via optical 

Weird how one works and the other doesn’t??

With regards to the Tidal volume control issue, are you using the MusicCast CONTROLLER app installed on your mobile device to select the TIDAL content and subsequently set the volume?
Hi I use Yamaha to select input but not to control volume it’s just set to max volume and volume can’t be adjusted (player option selected instead of Preamp option)
(01-Mar-2020, 19:51)Jamington2004 Wrote: Hi I use Yamaha to select input but not to control volume it’s just set to max volume and volume can’t be adjusted  (player option selected instead of Preamp option)

I presume you have tried Preamp mode with no success?

Only curious because I’ve assumed that the Airplay audio signal contained a volume command.
If so, then the command would be applied by the Yamaha except when in Player mode.
Ah ok thanks - I don’t really want to use the Yamaha App for volume control but yes I could try that to understand it if it’s the case thanks Smile

Will let you know thanks a lot