Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal drop outs and not finishing tracks
Has anyone been able to solve their issues with Tidal and the tracks not finishing or skipping.
It has been 2 months now. Tidal not very helpful and I took a trial of Qobuz and had similar issues. This only started when I switched my Broadband to BT from Sky.
I have today raised a complaint with BT, but I dont hold out much hope as their help chatline was a joke to be honest
I would spend a couple of hundred pounds on a new batter router if this would solve this issue but what happens if it still occurs.
The consensus of opinion is that its the BT router.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Just to add that I now use my portable rig nearly all the time due to this issue, crazy really
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Are you able to 'borrow' some internet from a neighbour who isn't on BT to test? Mobile hotspot from a phone? Ideally something that will provide the internet to the same device that has the problem.

My tidal is very stable, but I'm not on BT.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(06-Feb-2018, 21:56)Soniclife Wrote: Are you able to 'borrow' some internet from a neighbour who isn't on BT to test? Mobile hotspot from a phone? Ideally something that will provide the internet to the same device that has the problem.

My tidal is very stable, but I'm not on BT.

Unfortunately not, I think I have decided to buy a new router as someone on the BT forum has suggested this. I am almost certain its a wifi issue

I had decided streaming was the way to go as it has revolutionised the way I listen to music.Then i switch my BB to a much faster and more expensive service and then my problems start Big Grin Big Grin
Are you able to run a long Ethernet cable just to test with?

I'm suspicious the problem is actually in the BT data centre. If it was just skips and drop outs then probably a Wi-Fi thing, but your end of track problem sounds like something else.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(07-Feb-2018, 01:03)Soniclife Wrote: Are you able to run a long Ethernet cable just to test with?

I'm suspicious the problem is actually in the BT data centre.  If it was just skips and drop outs then probably a Wi-Fi thing, but your end of track problem sounds like something else.

Hi. The Melco is connected to my router with an Ethernet cable . The Dev is connected to the Melco with USB cable

I had similar issues with qobuz when I used that too
You possibly know this already but could do a quick check of your connection using 'ping' - i.e. from a Windows machine open up a command prompt and type (say) 'ping -t 8.8.8.8'  - which just sends a continuous stream of ping packets to that IP (one of Google's DNS servers in this example).  On a Mac you can do this in a terminal window but probably leave off the '-t'.  Hit ctrl-c after you've got a few (or a lot) of samples and it'll show you the statistics.  You should be getting 0% loss. Anything else could potentially lead to streaming problems.

If there looks like there is a fault you can ping your own router's IP and see if you have a fault on your local LAN.  There are ways of figuring the IP address of the ISP's endpoint of your broadband connection too, in order to narrow it down further.   Oh, and you could probably ping Tidal too as another check (though not sure what their IP addresses are for the source of the streaming connection).

Thinkbroadband do free continuous monitoring (probably more relevant to UK users) as well which can be very useful evidence to produce if you think there's a fault.
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband...ality/list
Hi Rufus, thanks for the comprehensive reply. I will attempt to do this at some point as this time I am determined to sort this.
The troubles is I am not that technical so its all a bit of an effort for me.

I am not sure its my internet provider or wifi

Here is exactly what happens and I will use the new Django Django album Marble Skies as an example.
On the first three tracks at least and others further on the track either stops or skips excatly 2 seconds from the end of the track, then goes to the next track.
Some albums are ok, some are not, but it does spoil the enjoyment.
I did the ping test.....no idea what it is but I did it
Download 70MB
Upload 19MB
Ping 19ms
Jitter 0.34ms
Loss 0%
That looks fine. Even a bit of packet loss shouldn't cause too many problems but as long as it's 0% and the other numbers look OK then I think you can rule out network. Re-reading the issue it does sound like it's most likely to be Tidal's fault.