Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal drop outs and not finishing tracks
Thanks Rufus. I have reset my router today too. Makes no difference to the tracks skipping at the end, but now my Tidal app takes ages to refresh

Anyone miss just sticking a CD in ;-)
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Today has been a disaster . I have reset my router and this has caused all sorts of issues.
Tidal app is not responsive and so slow when it is
The Devialet remote app on my iPad has just stoped working. I have deleted and reinstalled ...still no good

My lap asked to shut down for some reason so I did. Now it won’t restart and I am having to restore it . Been going 3 hours so far, so work now affected.
Tomorrow is another day :-)
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(07-Feb-2018, 18:39)Womaz Wrote: Today has been a disaster . I have reset my router and this has caused all sorts of issues.
Tidal app is not responsive and so slow when it is
The Devialet remote app on my iPad has just stoped working. I have deleted and reinstalled ...still no good

My lap asked to shut down for some reason so I did. Now it won’t restart and I am having to restore it . Been going 3 hours so far, so work now affected.
Tomorrow is another day :-)

Hi Womaz, have times compared to my connection!

Attached Files
.pdf   413.pdf (Size: 95.88 KB / Downloads: 9)
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
You have a very fast service, but I think mine is fast enough.
I have bought a new router and this did not solve the problem either, so just a load of time wasted and hassle.

My gut feeling is its BT as it only started happening the very first day I got the BT service in. Tracks dont finish, its usually 1 0r 2 seconds before the end of the track and its the same tracks. If I knew more about how streaming works and how it gets streamed it may help. Tidal say its an issue affecting a number of users and they are working on it.....but I am not sure its a priority.
I now have no idea where to turn. Tidal is now an absolute must for me, i could not give it up.
To further add to the debate , My portable player streams Tidal In same format with no issues at all, so yes starting to think its a conflict with the Melco and BT router
(09-Feb-2018, 18:48)Womaz Wrote: To further add to the debate , My portable player streams Tidal In same format with no issues at all, so yes starting to think its a conflict with the Melco and BT router
Hi Womaz, the Portable Player works with WiFi?
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
(09-Feb-2018, 20:56)K4680 Wrote:
(09-Feb-2018, 18:48)Womaz Wrote: To further add to the debate , My portable player streams Tidal In same format with no issues at all, so yes starting to think its a conflict with the Melco and BT router

Yes , no problems at all
(09-Feb-2018, 21:26)Womaz Wrote:
(09-Feb-2018, 20:56)K4680 Wrote:

Yes , no problems at all

Do you have the possibility to connect the Melco with a new network cable directly to the router. Without anything in between!
Germany / Bavaria
The Melco is hard wired to the router by Ethernet cable .
Are you saying I could maybe try a new cable?
Not sure this would make a difference as it worked for years and all of this just started when I changed my broadband provider
(09-Feb-2018, 22:14)Womaz Wrote: The Melco is hard wired to the router by Ethernet cable .
Are you saying I could maybe try a new cable?
Not sure this would make a difference as it worked for years and all of this just started when I changed my broadband provider

Well, if it goes with wifi it can hardly be on the provider. the only difference is the connection wifi / cat. Which router do you use?
Germany / Bavaria