Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal via Spark iOS - "data not Available"
(08-Feb-2016, 22:14)Johnnydev Wrote:
(08-Feb-2016, 21:31)sekriT Wrote:
(08-Feb-2016, 19:37)Johnnydev Wrote: If one machine would go sleep, just do it, the other machines takes it automaticly over when the spark app is open. If on the other machines no app is open, just start the app and he go further where the music at that moment was. That is just easy and great and not foolisch

If someone in the room wants to stop the music he can stop it on his own device with the spark app.

If the music plays from qobuz and we put the tv on,then the sound via the phantoms starts playing automaticly the tv sound. Also fine

I think that devialet makes this choice and If you understand it, it's only fine and not stupid

Johnydev, try writing your opinions in Englisch next time.

SekriT : what a baby are you

I Try to do my best and you are only negative and bad for this forem

Did you take your ADD pill today?
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
(08-Feb-2016, 22:22)sekriT Wrote:
(08-Feb-2016, 22:14)Johnnydev Wrote:
(08-Feb-2016, 21:31)sekriT Wrote: Johnydev, try writing your opinions in Englisch next time.

SekriT : what a baby are you

I did not deign to your asinine comments
I agree with a lot of Spark criticism, but Spark behaves in this regard like all other mass market streaming products, that I have seen over the past 10-15 years (Sonos, Heos, Bluenode, Squeezebox, Spotify Connect and most others). If Devialet wanted spark to stop playing upon exit, they would have made it so - it would, as you point out, be dead simple to do, but not what most people expect.

Just use Bluetooth and JRiver - you will get exactly what you are after
(08-Feb-2016, 22:37)Johnnydev Wrote:
(08-Feb-2016, 22:22)sekriT Wrote:
(08-Feb-2016, 22:14)Johnnydev Wrote: SekriT : what a baby are you

Asinine means extremely stupid or foolish. Did you use Google translate to come up with this sentence?
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
(08-Feb-2016, 22:31)sekriT Wrote:
(08-Feb-2016, 22:15)Antoine Wrote: We live in a multi-device, multi-tasking age. Probably 99.999% of the people in the world would cry havoc if the music stops whenever they close or minimize a control app. That's why there's not a single control app out there that does this. At least I can't think of one among the popular ones for uPnP/DLNA. Don't see why Spark should behave differently.

If you want the music to stop indeed press stop or pause and then close the app.

Edit: above includes Jriver's JRemote and Gizmo which Sekrit as JRiver user must be familiar with. Smile

Here comes another Devialet "lover"...   

When I close Jriver, it stops the music.  Because it is smart enough to understand that I am done listening music. That's what it is supposed to do.  If I wanted to continue to listen music, I would leave it open.   Do you comprehend the logic behind this? It's a bit complex.

Why the aggressive/disrespectful, condescending tone to anyone who does not agree with you?

JRemote doesn't and that compares most to Spark IMO. Any -music player- like JRiver, Foobar etc. you close on a computer will stop the music since there's no more active code or need to keep the music playing. Like Johnnydev wrote, Spark is a control app to control playback of your Phantom which can autonomously play music and also be controlled by several different devices at the same time.

Before you say JRiver is more than a music player, I agree, and I've personally always found it weird and annoying (when I still used the software) that it stops music playback when you close the front end/GUI while it is also active/running as a media server (which is running as a service).

Perhaps you could ask Devialet to include an option to stop the music at closing the application running on PC/Mac. It'll accomplish a lot more than just complaining about it here, which will accomplish nothing.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(08-Feb-2016, 22:52)sekriT Wrote:
(08-Feb-2016, 22:37)Johnnydev Wrote:
(08-Feb-2016, 22:22)sekriT Wrote: Did you take your ADD pill today?

Asinine means extremely stupid or foolish. Did you use Google translate to come up with this sentence?

that's exactly what I mean
(08-Feb-2016, 22:57)Johnnydev Wrote:
(08-Feb-2016, 22:52)sekriT Wrote:
(08-Feb-2016, 22:37)Johnnydev Wrote: I did not deign to your asinine comments

that's exactly what I mean

I am calling your mom. You should not be using such language.
(08-Feb-2016, 22:55)Antoine Wrote:
(08-Feb-2016, 22:31)sekriT Wrote:
(08-Feb-2016, 22:15)Antoine Wrote: We live in a multi-device, multi-tasking age. Probably 99.999% of the people in the world would cry havoc if the music stops whenever they close or minimize a control app. That's why there's not a single control app out there that does this. At least I can't think of one among the popular ones for uPnP/DLNA. Don't see why Spark should behave differently.

If you want the music to stop indeed press stop or pause and then close the app.

Edit: above includes Jriver's JRemote and Gizmo which Sekrit as JRiver user must be familiar with. Smile

Here comes another Devialet "lover"...   

When I close Jriver, it stops the music.  Because it is smart enough to understand that I am done listening music. That's what it is supposed to do.  If I wanted to continue to listen music, I would leave it open.   Do you comprehend the logic behind this? It's a bit complex.

Why the aggressive/disrespectful, condescending tone to anyone who does not agree with you?

JRemote doesn't and that compares most to Spark IMO. Any -music player- like JRiver, Foobar etc. you close on a computer will stop the music since there's no more active code or need to keep the music playing. Like Johnnydev wrote, Spark is a control app to control playback of your Phantom which can autonomously play music and also be controlled by several different devices at the same time.

Before you say JRiver is more than a music player, I agree, and I've personally always found it weird and annoying (when I still used the software) that it stops music playback when you close the front end/GUI while it is also active/running as a media server (which is running as a service).

Perhaps you could ask Devialet to include an option to stop the music at closing the application running on PC/Mac. It'll accomplish a lot more than just complaining about it here, which will accomplish nothing.

Thanks
(08-Feb-2016, 15:54)sekriT Wrote: You are not alone: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2590   

I don't use Spark for playing media.  But even more bizarre is that when I close Spark, music continues to play!   This app is currently in beta status, don't think that you are doing something wrong.

Thanks.

I managed to find your useful comment amongst all of the hand-bagging going on Wink
(08-Feb-2016, 23:34)Jamington2004 Wrote:
(08-Feb-2016, 15:54)sekriT Wrote: You are not alone: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2590   

I don't use Spark for playing media.  But even more bizarre is that when I close Spark, music continues to play!   This app is currently in beta status, don't think that you are doing something wrong.

Thanks.

I managed to find your useful comment amongst all of the hand-bagging going on Wink

Cheers. Phantoms are awesome piece of hardware. Just use third party media manager and you will be fine.