Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time limit on Infinity Core?
Does anyone definitively know if there is a time limit on sending our Pro's to Devialet for the upgrade?

And if there is, when is that deadline?

If our choice is not to send our Pro before that deadline, will there be a charge if we send it after?
DELL Win 7 PC running Foobar2000+Fidelizer+JPLAY > Wireworld Starlight ETH Cat 8 > SOtM ISO-Cat 6 > Wireworld Platinum Starlight ETH Cat 8 > Devialet 130 Expert Pro > High Fidelity Cables Reveal speaker cables > Custom built 10" cabinets...(for now)
This was asked on the "Invitation to....." thread, and a contributor offered this on page 56: "I just had a reply from Devialet about my question is there a time limit to return for the upgrade, the answer I got was return has no time limit..........."

Lots of us will wait, I predict.

Fraser
FWIW, I got the same answer. Personally, I'm waiting until after the holidays and likely won't send mine in until the software issues are fully resolved (ok, we're talking Devialet here, so nearly fully resolved - at least with respect to Roon, AIR and hi-res streaming).
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(15-Dec-2017, 17:02)mdconnelly Wrote: FWIW,  I got the same answer.  Personally, I'm waiting until after the holidays and likely won't send mine in until the software issues are fully resolved (ok, we're talking Devialet here, so nearly fully resolved - at least with respect to Roon, AIR and hi-res streaming).

Me too.
My provider contacted Devialet to ask them about the installation of the Core in my Expert 1000 Pro, somewhere in february, as being my personal preference. No problem, they told him.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
I think you can safely say that the window will stay open at least until all the key functions on the CI board work reliably. Plus 6 months.

If you look at the CI survey in my name, admittedly with a statistically insignificant sample, 8 users of AIR are seeing no change in faultless operation and 7 users are still experiencing faults (or even experiencing them when they were not there before). So the most sensible route for AIR users is to delay returning their units - unless they have a burning desire to try the new and unproven software applications.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Hello, here is the answer from Devialet Rolleyes

Océane (Devialet)
30. Nov., 11:30 CET

Dear .......,

Thank you for your message.
We actually started to get some upgraders back.
We invited the first 500 users.

We will issue a second wave in December.
But do not worry ! There are no deadline so you can first enjoy the holiday, and then send us your unit in January.

I wish you a good day,
Océane | Customer service & support Devialet
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Well, that is good to hear K4680, but I am really thinking about waiting until this summer. Literally June or July. 

I live in a hot area of the U.S. Loud Air conditioning units, and excess power draw is not ideal listening times anyway.

I hope the offer still stands then. Also hoping that most or all bugs have been addressed by then as well.
DELL Win 7 PC running Foobar2000+Fidelizer+JPLAY > Wireworld Starlight ETH Cat 8 > SOtM ISO-Cat 6 > Wireworld Platinum Starlight ETH Cat 8 > Devialet 130 Expert Pro > High Fidelity Cables Reveal speaker cables > Custom built 10" cabinets...(for now)
Unless there is a real horror story on the CI software I will probably send my 250 to France early in the New Year. Might as well get it over and done with and see what the trickle down of updates bring. Anyone actually know what the completed package will ultimately deliver?
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
I had a call from Devialet today about the CI upgrade for my 220Pro as i'd missed the November invite (had the email and then forgot about it). It was just a courtesy call to say that the upgrade program was closing over the holiday period and i could register again on Jan 2nd. I haven't been in that much of a rush as everything is sounding really good but the new board sounds interesting.

If Devialet can turn this around quickly like they did with the Pro upgrade then it should be pretty painless.

James

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass