Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ToneAudio Devialet 140 Pro Review
Thumbs Up 
Excellent review from ToneAudio [Image: thumbsup.gif][Image: thumbsup.gif][Image: thumbsup.gif] 

http://www.tonepublications.com/review/the-devialet-expert-pro-140/
Very nice review.Thanks for the link. Finally someone that describes tonality of Devialet amps correctly.
Jeff Dorgay says "It’s incredibly low level of distortion, and high linearity makes for a clean, crisp sound that is never fatiguing. Difficult as it is to try and describe tonality, the level of tonal saturation that the Devialet provides is not quite as high as a full class A amplifier like Pass or Luxman, yet it is higher (i.e. warmer in overall sound and tone) than say a Bryston or Simaudio amplifier." Then he goes on to say "A fantastic performer"
Now we know how to describe the character of our Devialet amps!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(12-Apr-2019, 08:42)ogs Wrote: Very nice review.Thanks for the link. Finally someone that describes tonality of Devialet amps correctly.
Jeff Dorgay says "It’s incredibly low level of distortion, and high linearity makes for a clean, crisp sound that is never fatiguing. Difficult as it is to try and describe tonality, the level of tonal saturation that the Devialet provides is not quite as high as a full class A amplifier like Pass or Luxman, yet it is higher (i.e. warmer in overall sound and tone) than say a Bryston or Simaudio amplifier." Then he goes on to say "A fantastic performer"
Now we know how to describe the character of our Devialet amps!

I had the exact same reaction as you to that description. Without a comparison a review is just a nice little story about an amp. This way, you really get to have some idea what to expect.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I also thought the review is spot on, exactly how I experience my 220.
220 Pro/CI, Well Tempered Versalex/Kiseki PurpleHeart, QNAP HS 251+ NAS/Roon, Furutech e-TP86 power distributor, Audoquest NRG10 Power Cable, Furutech Flux-50 filter, Furutect Powerflux Power Cable, Furutech Speakerflux Speaker Cables, Sonus Faber Stradivari. 
Given that I stirred the muck recently by complaining about reviewers reassigning meaning to the word 'clinical', I would say this review is almost too positive. Well, maybe that it not possible Wink . But the point in the review that I too liked was the paragraph with the comparative notes about the sound character and other amps. Not judgemental, just mentioning other amps and allowing the readers to bring their own opinions and experiences into play to position the Devialet in comparison or contrast to some other amps. There is a wide world of outstanding audio products, and that category is pretty big, so personal preference may be one of the biggest factors in settling on the systems we choose.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Very nice review. It would have been interesting if he would have compared this to other (legacy) Devialet products. IIRC, he also reviewed the D-Premier back in the day.
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB
Nice article.  Always good to read everything you can find about HiFi.
pretty accurate review