Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Townshend Isolda Speaker Cables
Hey guys 

Has anyone tried the Townshend Isolda SC's with a Devialet? Interested in any users opinions.

Thanks.
Yes, I have used Isolda DCT speaker cable for some time both with my D200/400 and my previous amplifier. I like it very much: compared with other cables I tried at the time I bought it (probably eight or ten years ago) it seemed very well balanced and not too "hi-fi"-sounding, if you know what I mean. It's also good value for money and quite easy to live with because it's so flat and stays where you put it.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(08-Feb-2015, 11:09)wikeeboy Wrote: Hey guys 

Has anyone tried the Townshend Isolda SC's with a Devialet? Interested in any users opinions.

Thanks.

Yes, swapped from Tellurium q cables, much smoother, less harsh, better sound staging
(06-Aug-2018, 06:17)Lincolnlad Wrote:
(08-Feb-2015, 11:09)wikeeboy Wrote: Hey guys 

Thanks.

Yes, swapped from Tellurium q cables, much smoother, less harsh, better sound staging

Interesting that you swapped from Tellurium Q. I was considering both and opted for the Townshends, although I bought used and have the 'older' version. I'm in the process of comparing them to Gabriel Golds. They haven't been used for awhile so I imagine it's best to run them in for a while before listening critically.
Audiolab 6000CDT, Innuos Zenith MK II, Roon, Synology NAS, D250 Pro CI, Graham Audio Chartwell LS6f, Thorens TD-160, Pickering XV-15 1200e