Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tree/Branch Stands - audio quality comparison with traditional stands?
(17-Mar-2016, 20:32)MountainGuy Wrote: Quick question for you Branch/Tree owners.

Once you installed the Phantom on the stands, how solid is the connection?  By this question, I'm really asking - Can you MOVE the Phantom/Branch combo by simply lifting the stand and moving it up and down a flight of stairs?  Is the connection strong/tight enough that you can hold the long stand horizontally and balance it like you would an actual log when carrying it?  Or would the Phantom fall off?  It is after all over 11 kg/24 lbs.

Thanks!

I would be very hesitant to carry it horizontally. Even vertically, there is a slight give to the speakers. There is rubber padding as if that slight give was anticipated/designed.
MountainGuy, I have reservations to even try moving the Phantoms on Tree in any angle except straight up. The small T hook interface doesn't "seem" like it would support the weight of Phantom when put at an extreme angle...I suspect something will break.

I could be wrong, but am not willing to prove it Smile
Today i got my Branch /Tree stands (mine are The older Branch and I have no idea if there is a difference to the newer Tree ones )
Anyway a pretty painless installation as I will only use them wireless. I have to say that i thought the connection / attachment was going to be sturdier than it is, I can definitely say that you will not be able to lift the Phantoms with the stand attached ...it is sort of possible to move them a little by grabbing right under the speaker on the stand flange.
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
Hi Everyone, very new to all this although 30 years a hi-fi fan. My second Phantom and Dialog arrives next week. I plan to buy the Tree stands when funds allow. In the meantime I would like to make some wooden stands of the same dimensions.

Would anyone mind posting the height from ground, column diameter and oval dimensions at the base of the stand? This will be a cheap softwood construction but it will be the right height and at least the proportions won't look too bad.
(06-Apr-2016, 17:23)MVV Wrote: Would anyone mind posting the height from ground, column diameter and oval dimensions at the base of the stand? This will be a cheap softwood construction but it will be the right height and at least the proportions won't look too bad.

You can find information about this in this forum, but I do belive they are 62cm tall
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
[attachment=1085]see attachment
Thank you Johnny dev. Very helpful.
(07-Apr-2016, 10:18)Johnnydev Wrote: see attachment

do you have the full cad file for the Phantom stand ????  Its difficult to design the exact base for the phantom !!!!
Search on the internet or ask devialet