Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
1. Try using a different link cable
2. Also check if the failing amp is working as an independent stereo amp by creating a new config for it.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
(12-Jun-2020, 19:55)Freddie77 Wrote: Hi everyone,
I don't know if this post should be on this thread, but it is very related to the discussion and I am having problems to the point I can't almost use my 440 CI

I have a 440 configuration that has been working fine for over a year, but all of the sudden in the last 2 days it has started failing to play one channel, which is connected to the companion amp. Sound started failing on the right channel, but originally it wasn't quite noticeable, it sounded like a bad recording; but today it has been more frequent and can't get to play any music properly. I thought it was a faulty connection and checked all cables and unplugged and back on and nothing changed. I tried turning on without the sd cards and they start as 220 CI and show no faults when checking them. My connections for the 440 configuration are the same as have been shown here, so it is very difficult to know what is going on.

After checking both units without cards, the companion and older amp showed the latest firmware, but the DOS was 2.2.2, the master had DOS 2.2.4; I did a firmware update and also tried a whole new configuration, but this time the master starts as 440 and the companion as 220, the screens show no RSS32 link between them, but the configuration files of the companion show that they are correct as in the posts of this thread. I have tried a new configuration at least 6 times and it stays behaving the same way. When I tried the same configuration I have been using the fault is increasing and when cycling through the screens the companion turns itself off and shows 440 on the screen.
I have also noticed in the first screen of both units, right under the DOS version that they show different versions of BK, the master shows BK1 and the companion shows BK0. Before the fault and updating DOS in the companion it used to show BK1 as the master unit. Another thing I noticed is the the BK1 sign or letters on the master are flickering, also the ethernet connection shows as intermittent and can't get the phone app to control the amp.
If any one could help me to figure out what this problem I'd appreciate a lot.

Did you try a new configuration from scratch?
Have a look here: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-How-to-c...l-s-method

Hope you get to the bottom of it.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
[/quote]

Did you try a new configuration from scratch?
Have a look here: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-How-to-c...l-s-method

Hope you get to the bottom of it.
[/quote]

Yes, I mentioned I have tried several new configurations, all from scratch and with a reset browser, firmware and DOS updates; the result I get is that they unit’s don’t seem to link, master starts as 440 master and companion as single 220.
If I send the configuration files could anyone try them and see if they work? Or if anyone could do the configuration I have from their computer so I can try it on my end?
Devialet Expert 440 Pro CI, B&W 803 D3, Auralic Aries G2, OPPO 203.
Have had drop outs in one channel in dual mono. New configs didn't solve the problem. Factory reset and no issue

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(13-Jun-2020, 09:33)Elztalbiker Wrote: Have had drop outs in one channel in dual mono. New configs didn't solve the problem. Factory reset and no issue

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

I did factory reset and also from the browser settings didn’t leave WiFi on. The old configuration seems to be working as usual, but I am unable to use a new configuration as they don’t seem to link as mono units; and I have done at least 8 new configuration tries; plain browser, anonymous configuration and all other advices mentioned here; nothing seems to make it work.
Have you tried using the companion as a stereo amp?
Have you double checked that the link cable is plugged in the right ports?
Have you changed something before the issue occurred?
Has someone else touched your system (child, cleaning person,...)?

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
The link cable and everything is plugged in the right port, the units have been working properly for over a year from the last configuration, no one else touches the systems or the room where they are. I checked all connections are correct and not loose. The issue happened all of a sudden for the 3rd time in a month, intermittent or dropping out one channel, when checking the screens it showed the IP address and connection flickering and when changing to next screen the units would loose the link and companion would shut down and restart as 220. It seems to be working ok again with the same configuration, I reset the units and used the same cards. I haven’t been able to use any new configuration because the units behave as not linking, as I explained in another post. It seems I can’t get the configurator to save the files properly.
If your Companion cannot properly read its SD card, it will fall back to just a 220. This happened to me once after a power loss and subsequent reboot. In the 4 years I’ve had my Devialet, I think I’ve had 2 SDcards fail. Not the most robust part of the Expert Pro design.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(15-Jun-2020, 14:12)bernardl Wrote: Have you tried using the companion as a stereo amp?
Have you double checked that the link cable is plugged in the right ports?
Have you changed something before the issue occurred?
Has someone else touched your system (child, cleaning person,...)?

Cheers,
Bernard

(15-Jun-2020, 15:07)mdconnelly Wrote: If your Companion cannot properly read its SD card, it will fall back to just a 220.  This happened to me once after a power loss and subsequent reboot.  In the 4 years I’ve had my Devialet, I think I’ve had 2 SDcards fail.  Not the most robust part of the Expert Pro design.

It happened first with the channel dropout and then trying a new configuration and haven’t been able to make them link as 440, it is only as 440 using the same old configuration that gave me the dropout fault after a year working properly.
Perhaps I missed it, but I didn’t see an answer to the first question.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1