Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trinnov Amethyst and Altitude32 - Roon Ready
Once again not Dev specific, but for Trinnov owners certainly interesting...

At the rate Roon is rolling this functionality out, I am beginning to wonder when my refrigerator will be Roon Ready? Smile
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
Thank's for information.
Update: Prompted by Trinnov’s decision to enable RAAT for the Amethyst and the Altitude32, I decided to take the plunge and upgrade from my ST-2 HiFi to an Amethyst.

This resulted in following modifcation of my signal chain:

1) Removal and sale of my SoTM 200 Ultra
2) Removal and sale of my Mutec MC-3+ USB
3) Complete removal of the USB connectivity
4) Establishment of a direct bridged ethernet connection between the Amethyst and my Roon Server

The obvious result of this was a signifcant reduction of components in the chain while maintaining a similiar level of SQ. So for those Trinnov owners who may be considering something similiar, it IMO was worth the investment.
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
(11-Nov-2017, 13:51)baconbrain Wrote: Update: Prompted by Trinnov’s decision to enable RAAT for the Amethyst and the Altitude32, I decided to take the plunge and upgrade from my ST-2 HiFi to an Amethyst.

This resulted in following modifcation of my signal chain:

1) Removal and sale of my SoTM 200 Ultra
2) Removal and sale of my Mutec MC-3+ USB
3) Complete removal of the USB connectivity
4) Establishment of a direct bridged ethernet connection between the Amethyst and my Roon Server

The obvious result of this was a signifcant reduction of components in the chain while maintaining a similiar level of SQ. So for those Trinnov owners who may be considering something similiar, it IMO was worth the investment.

Curious how you are using your Amethyst with the D250.  Are you using an AES/EBU connection from the Amethyst and using the D250 DAC or using the Amethyst DAC and running analog into the D250?  I have read in other posts that there is a preference to use the analog connection and the Amethyst DAC which seems counter intuitive to me given the extra D-A-D-A conversion.  

I have just taken the plunge on a Trinnov Altitude 32 and thinking through how to set it up with a D440, 4 subwoofers, Raidho C1.2's, and integrate into an ATMOS multichannel system.  I am debating if I should repurpose or sell the D440 if only used for its amplification and simplify the setup with Bel Canto Ref600M's for the Raidho's.  Any thoughts from Trinnov users?
D440CI (Audio Prana XLR-RCA); Nordost Frey; Raidho C1.2; Artcoustic Impact-1 SL subs (4); VPI Scout; Oppo BDP-205; Roon Nucleus+; Shunyata Alpha and PC10 cabling; Stillpoint Ultra SS
(13-Jul-2018, 15:19)john_h Wrote: Curious how you are using your Amethyst with the D250.  Are you using an AES/EBU connection from the Amethyst and using the D250 DAC or using the Amethyst DAC and running analog into the D250?  I have read in other posts that there is a preference to use the analog connection and the Amethyst DAC which seems counter intuitive to me given the extra D-A-D-A conversion.  

I have just taken the plunge on a Trinnov Altitude 32 and thinking through how to set it up with a D440, 4 subwoofers, Raidho C1.2's, and integrate into an ATMOS multichannel system.  I am debating if I should repurpose or sell the D440 if only used for its amplification and simplify the setup with Bel Canto Ref600M's for the Raidho's.  Any thoughts from Trinnov users?

Hi John_h,

Well my precious Dev is history, I replaced it, and my passive speakers, with the Kii Three‘s.

Given your plans, it sounds like the 440 might be a bit surplus. Have fun with the Altitude, it‘s a fantastic piece of kit!