Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two iPods - are they really necessary?
I find it a pain to switch between the Devialet and Naim apps on my iPod plus the Naim app sometimes crashes or loses its UPnP connection when I frequently open and close it.

My solution is now to use two iPods, one for changing volume and the other for selecting and playing music. This combination works really well and the iPod is of course much lighter then the Devialet remote.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(18-Nov-2014, 15:49)PhilP Wrote: I find it a pain to switch between the Devialet and Naim apps on my iPod plus the Naim app sometimes crashes or loses its UPnP connection when I frequently open and close it.

My solution is now to use two iPods, one for changing volume and the other for selecting and playing music. This combination works really well and the iPod is of course much lighter then the Devialet remote.

Does this make me a really sad person?

No, A very sensible person! I use an old iPhone 3 to control volume using the Devialet App, and an iPad mini to control my music, using either iPengHD, or Squeeze pad (sometimes mpad), depending how the mood takes me!

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(18-Nov-2014, 16:41)brit Wrote: No, A very sensible person! I use an old iPhone 3 to control volume using the Devialet App, and an iPad mini to control my music, using either iPengHD, or Squeeze pad (sometimes mpad), depending how the mood takes me!

David

Oh good, I'm not alone. I had heard that iOS was going to be enhanced so that mutiple apps would be visible at the same time but clearly that hasn't happened.

By the way, we're beginning to build up a decent Wilson Benesch presence on the forum - wwm has C60s, Tatomek has C60 LEs and IanG-UK has a Torus.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
(18-Nov-2014, 15:49)PhilP Wrote: I find it a pain to switch between the Devialet and Naim apps on my iPod plus the Naim app sometimes crashes or loses its UPnP connection when I frequently open and close it.

I use BubbleUpnp on an Android phone to control my Library on NAS and my Renderer and an iPhone for the Devialet App.

so i guess you are not alone Smile
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(18-Nov-2014, 17:02)PhilP Wrote:
(18-Nov-2014, 16:41)brit Wrote: No, A very sensible person! I use an old iPhone 3 to control volume using the Devialet App, and an iPad mini to control my music, using either iPengHD, or Squeeze pad (sometimes mpad), depending how the mood takes me!

David

Oh good, I'm not alone. I had heard that iOS was going to be enhanced so that mutiple apps would be visible at the same time but clearly that hasn't happened.

By the way, we're beginning to build up a decent Wilson Benesch presence on the forum - wwm has C60s and IanG-UK has a Torus.

I am quite happy using the 2 devices, so not too concerned about an iOS upgrade Wink

Yes, Wilson-Benesch are great speakers, in all their guises, I very much like my ACT1s,

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Wow!
How different we all are.
The Devialet remote is one of its greatest appeals for me. I have one on a coffee table next to my chair and the other next to the amp. I have the app loaded but can't remember when I last launched it.
Our main use for the app has been loading it onto a visitor's phone so they can play some of their music here.
I do often use the iTunes remote app if I am streaming using AIR.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I must be very old fashioned; I simply love the tactile feel of the Devialet remote! Takes me back to the days of using my Quad 77 integrated amp with its big brick-like remote and analog dial! Cool

Guillaume

Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(18-Nov-2014, 18:26)f1eng Wrote: The Devialet remote is one of its greatest appeals for me.

Snap!! Big GrinBig Grin

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I quite like being able to pop an iPod into my shirt pocket and not really noticing that its there.

I do very much like the Devialet remote but found some signs of wear on one corner which was a bit disappointing as I've only had it for about 5 months. That's another reason why I don't use it much now.

Perhaps the finish wasn't 100% in the first place. Does anyone else have signs of wear on their remotes?
(18-Nov-2014, 18:26)GuillaumeB Wrote:

I must be very old fashioned; I simply love the tactile feel of the Devialet remote! Takes me back to the days of using my Quad 77 integrated amp with its big brick-like remote and analog dial! Cool

Guillaume

Then I must be super old-fashioned! I have a Quad 77 with the bus-powered CD77 that I use every day. The remote is a bit frayed but fully functional. I'm saving up for a Devialet 200 though, do you think it will be an upgrade? Smile