Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(26-Aug-2019, 20:45)markush Wrote: And again ROON‘s COO  says it’s all up to Devialet and they are in charge for the fix. So as it‘s not on Roon‘s side we are depending on Devialet. And not a single feedback of it Sad

That may well be the case, but personally, I think Roon are being a little devious here. If you read back on Roon, Danny clearly says that any external product that wants to become Roon Ready has to submit a software package to Roon initially for it to be approved. Once it is approved, it becomes a feature both on Roon and, in this case, Devialet. Devialet passed that Roon test  and it became ‘Roon ready’ as a result. Subsequently problems have been revealed so as well as Devialet not getting it right, Roon’s Quality control assessment has also failed. Reading the Roon forum it seems they now know what the problem is, but it something only Devialet can sort out. Having attended the event with Mathieu Pernot a couple of months ago, I have no expectation that Devialet will get this sorted even with the help Roon has provided for them as the company direction emphasis seems to be on products other than our expert amps.

Bottom line for me is it is Roon at fault. Their analysis of Devialet’s Roon ready software was incorrect. It lead to them giving Devialet the ‘Ready’ certificate when the software was faulty. They should have refused the certificate until Devialet got it right. For me, this is a major black mark against Roon.
Now the problem is Devialet don’t seem to be applied to sorting their top of range products and want to concentrate on cheap product collaboration for other companies. We, the owners of Expert Pro kit are the ones that suffer. That is a crap situation and there is bugger all we can do about it except protest. Would a co-ordinated protest be worthwhile?
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.
@Greg There is the little issue though that Roon didn't have any dramas streaming when they tested it and have had quite a bit of trouble duplicating the problem. I think this is more about bad luck than anything else.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Hello people, I think it is time that we try the problem times to narrow it down. We should create a list in which we record devices (expert, switch, router, mac, bandwidth, etc.), or other suggestions! How big is the number of users who have problems (Roon RAAT etc.)? Sad
The list might also be helpful for Roon or Devialet!!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(26-Aug-2019, 23:28)Pim Wrote: @Greg There is the little issue though that Roon didn't have any dramas streaming when they tested it and have had quite a bit of trouble duplicating the problem. I think this is more about bad luck than anything else.
You maybe right, but reading all of Dannie’s posts on the roon forum, I get the impression there is a degree of arrogance and belief their QC is infallible. Clearly it is not. Having said that, it is clear roon seem to understand what the problem is and has offered help to Devialet to sort it out and it seems Devialet are being unresponsive. What a shame!
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.
(01-Sep-2019, 22:49)Greg Wrote:
(26-Aug-2019, 23:28)Pim Wrote: @Greg There is the little issue though that Roon didn't have any dramas streaming when they tested it and have had quite a bit of trouble duplicating the problem. I think this is more about bad luck than anything else.
You maybe right, but reading all of Dannie’s posts on the roon forum, I get the impression there is a degree of arrogance and belief their QC is infallible. Clearly it is not. Having said that, it is clear roon seem to understand what the problem is and has offered help to Devialet to sort it out and it seems Devialet are being unresponsive. What a shame!

I don't get the feeling that Roon think that their QC is infallible but I do think they believe it is thorough which is a different thing. They also admit problems when they find them, and fix them fast. A lot of us had problems with Roon not recognising our specific Expert Pro models in the first few days after Devialet released the latest FW and our amps became Roon Ready. Roon tracked that down quickly, admitted it was their problem, and instituted a fix on their servers in a matter of days which fixed the problem for us. That kind of response doesn't support claims of arrogance.

On the other hand, what have we got from Devialet on the gigabit ethernet problems? Nothing definite in the way of any statement about whether there is a problem, how common  it is, what the likely cause is, or even a whisper of a time frame for a fix. I's now more than 6 months since the FW which triggered this problem was released and we've had nothing concrete from Devialet though we at least have had several comments from Roon stating that the problem isn't theirs but lies with Devialet and also saying that they've reached out to Devialet with offers of assistance which appear not to have been accepted.

I didn't see arrogance in Danny's responses on the Roon forums, I saw a concern for Roon's customers and a frustration with Devialet who aren't being open with their customers and also don't seem to be overly concerned at fixing the problem.

I wish the probnlem were a Roon problem because if it was a Roon issue we'd have had a clear acknowledgement of the problem and it would have been fixed months ago.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Agreed about the excellent support of Roon.

I once reported a problem with a fresh software update and they repaired the problem within hours after my email and issued a new version.

With Devialet you would typically not get a human response and only hope for the next FW update which more often than not cost thousands with a latest and greatest full hardware upgrade.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

There is a new feedback from Roon on the current situation about Devialet still not looking into fixing major Roon bugs ( https://community.roonlabs.com/t/expert-...kus_hubner )
So still no progress at all for many months now.
Did anyone get a feedback from Devialet at all (either on an event or conversation) what’s going on about Expert Line (apart from their proforma promises we know not happening) ?
Has anyone got a feedback on the status of our compiled list? Maybe it‘s an idea to forward them again to some recipients over at Devialet?