Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
Looks great! Thank you Ian. Is there a way to get these question to him ahead of time? Those questions cover a lot of ground and I fear that answers provided on the fly may be superficial at best.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Thanks Ian!!! Great list. Really like the part about EQ. lot of us can't really use CI functionality if we have to perform room correction using external box. It would be awesome if they join forces with another French company(Dirac.) Most would be willing to pay for the license. This would really set them apart in Integrated market. (Well,  Lyngdorf has that capability, but from what I infer, their sound quality is not at par with Devialet)
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
Thanks, Ian, for coordinating our questions. Looking forward to hearing what he says from you (and others).
Audiolab 6000CDT, Innuos Zenith MK II, Roon, Synology NAS, D250 Pro CI, Graham Audio Chartwell LS6f, Thorens TD-160, Pickering XV-15 1200e
(08-Jul-2019, 21:30)mdconnelly Wrote: Looks great!  Thank you Ian.  Is there a way to get these question to him ahead of time?  Those questions cover a lot of ground and I fear that answers provided on the fly may be superficial at best.

Thanks.  Yes, Alasdair (@oxfordaudio) suggested publishing a list of questions in advance back in this post, so I trust he's keeping track as we build it.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I'm thinking should we also ask something about what is Devialet's point of view regarding network isolation. Do they see it beneficial to use for example optical network and/or high quality clocks in network devices to block leakage current and to reduce phase noise? Or is the Devialet Expert Pro CI designed to be immune to these possible issues?

This is not the top priority question of course, but still it would be fascinating to hear their thoughts on this.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(08-Jul-2019, 20:20)thumb5 Wrote: @Finn, @mdconnelly, @monitor, @Music or sound, @disarmamant - I hope all your questions are covered now - thanks.

Excellent! Thanks Ian.  Smile
Roon Lifetime, Innuos Zenith Mk3, Devialet Expert 440 Pro CI, PMC twenty5.26, IsoTek EVO3 Sigmas Power Conditioning 
Bryston BCD-3, Rega RP10, Aphelion MC, Rega Aura, Sennheiser HDV820/HD820 
AQ NRG-Z3, AQ Diamond Ethernet, ISOAcoustics OREA Pucks, AQ Thunder, AQ Castle Rock, IsoTek Evo3 Optimum IEC, Van Den Hul Interconnects, HiFi Racks Podium Reference Rack
Thanks very much Ian @thumb5 !!!!
We have been keeping track and I will get these over to Mathieu now.

Have a nice evening and see you all soon.

Dan
(08-Jul-2019, 08:27)thumb5 Wrote: @jorgie, @David A: If you don't mind me saying, you seem to be going a bit off topic here, which will make it difficult for all concerned to keep track of the original discussion.

@musialsuspect: I hope Mathieu will be talking on exactly the topic(s) you suggested.  Added to the list to make sure it happens.  Thanks.

Hi thumb5,

I agree, and in the end I'll get the system back to to work properly,..somehow. My intention was to point to another possible configurator anomaly (from my point ogf view)
Regards
Joerg
Amp : D440 pro CI on Orea Bronze & HMS Suprema digital 75 Ohm link cable  / Power: Isotek Titan EVO3 with HMS Energia Suprema
        Speakers  : Manger P2 + HMS Suprema LS 
       Streaming : Primemini 4 Fanless NUC (Core i7-8650U vPro) with Roon Lifetime
         Analogue : Micro Seiki DDX1000 + SME 3012R (analogtubeaudio.de Tuning) +SPU Classic GM E MkII + HMS Suprema Phono C
     Multi-Player : Oppo UDP 203 / Power: HMS Energia SL/OV cable   
             Power : Isotek Genesis one w/o diplay 4 Aries, Oppo & DDX 1000,  

Zuerich, Switzerland
(05-Jul-2019, 11:45)oxfordaudio Wrote: Good morning ladies and gents,

Apologies for our absence while we wish we could spend more time on the forums like we used to, with Jon away from the shop, its tough to find spare time in the store.
We've taken onboard your feedback in particular Ian's and would very much appreciate if you could compile a list of questions for Mathieu so that he can prepare the very best and most useful answers that he can.

Thank you all for your ongoing patience and we hope to see lots of you on the day!

Loose lips sink ships, so Devialet have learnt not to tell us anything and we hope as much as you do that they have some surprises in store for us on the day.

With kind regards

Alasdair (and Dun)
This is an interesting and, for Devialet and OAC, potentially encouraging thread.

From 11 May to 5 July - almost seven weeks - this thread grew to just 3.1/2 pages for a manufacturer which, maybe three years ago, had been the most innovative and promising entrant to the hifi arena. And despite disappointing a large proportion of active Devialet advocates, it only needed one post from OAC to prompt renewed interest and barely any non-constructive criticism - with the thread getting 4 pages of postings in 4 days.

It is accepted that Devialet is never going to make a pile of money from selling Experts and Phantoms but their opportunity to build brand awareness and advocacy through the hifi route must have been part of, and presumably remains a part of, their overall plans - so let’s hope that Mathieu supports that by telling it how it is next week.

All Devialet users will not get all things and we all still have a fabulous piece if kit in terms of most of the parameters we use to judge our purchases. So let’s hope Devialet promise X and deliver X rather than promise X+Y+Z and deliver nothing much at all!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
One addition to the configurator. it was promised that one can program that only the input functions one uses show up so one does not scroll through input like Airplay I would never use. I am still hoping that more sophisticated crossover function will be implemented like notch filters etc. things which are easily done in Roon!