Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
Hi all, if you're in the UK on 17 July, Mathieu Pernot (Global Head of Development, Devialet Expert Pro) will be at Oxford Audio Consultants from 3pm to 7pm.  

He's holding informal discussions on technical help and future roadmaps. 

It's a week day but I'm hoping to make it - if I can I will report back any findings.
Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable
Thanks for the "heads up" - I'll try to get along to the event.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Last year's similar event was excellent, and unless anything crops up, I hope to attend this one too.

From OAC's email:

We are hosting a very special day
Thursday 18th July Edit: Wednesday 17th July
12noon to 4pm  EDIT 3pm to 7pm
Informal workshops with Mathieu Pernot
Global Head of Development, Devialet Expert Pro
Do you have:
Any questions about your Devialet Expert?
Are you interested in hearing about:
The future plans for Expert development?
Would you like to:
* Bring your Expert Pro along for individual help?

A rare opportunity
Mathieu is coming especially from Paris to see us. He loves visiting Oxford Audio (must be our customers as it can't be us!) and has done so most years since we launched Devialet in 2010. How time flies!

It's great that Mathieu has taken time out from his busy schedule to share insider news with our customers and to support us as the No1 Devialet Dealer in the UK.

We will also be joined by Alexandre Martel, Devialet UK Sales Manager.

Please book as soon as you can
We are limiting places to ensure everyone gets a chance for individual time with Mathieu.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Thanks for that, @Confused - I obviously "didn't get the memo" (at least so far).
Warwickshire, UK
Just had an email from OAC to say the date on the marketing email was incorrect - the event is on Wednesday 17 July, not 18 July.
Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable
If you get a chance could one of you attending suggest a digital 'effects loop' for Experts to Mathieu?

There is already an SPDIF out that outputs whatever is played. If a SPDIF input is enabled which is independent of selection one can loop an external digital processor. A setting in Configurator should enable this. One can use this for an external convolver (Trinnov or miniDSP) and/or a reclocker (like Mutec or Totaldac).

Probably a difficult thing to handle for Mathieu as Devialet normally do not take suggestions like this from users, but one gets nowhere without trying...

I still dream about integrated room correction for Expert amps. Phantoms too. For me a convolver would be fine - for others a complete solution with measurements is better. The two are quite different and the complexity with built in measurement would most likely kill it. A convolver would be a lot easier (there is one already - SAM is probably run like that), but a digital effects loop would solve all of that and move responsibility away from Devialet.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
@ogs - great idea, I'll put that on my list to ask about.
Warwickshire, UK
(11-May-2019, 17:36)thumb5 Wrote: I'll put that on my list to ask about.

Thanks Ian, looking forward to a 'report' Smile
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
(11-May-2019, 16:35)spater Wrote: Just had an email from OAC to say the date on the marketing email was incorrect - the event is on Wednesday 17 July, not 18 July.

Is it possible for you to edit the thread title to reflect this change? If not, maybe @Rufus McDufus can help?
Devialetless!
(11-May-2019, 18:50)ogs Wrote:
(11-May-2019, 16:35)spater Wrote: Just had an email from OAC to say the date on the marketing email was incorrect - the event is on Wednesday 17 July, not 18 July.

Is it possible for you to edit the thread title to reflect this change? If not, maybe @Rufus McDufus can help?

Done!