Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
@Rufus McDufus: it might also be helpful to move the thread to the Events & Shows section of the forum, perhaps.

(Thank you!)
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
More news from OAC:

Extra Date
This is for any Devialet Expert owner wanting to have their loudspeakers 'SAMed' free of charge. On Thursday 23rd May in the morning - Maxime from Devialet will be with us to 'SAM' our new Wilson Sasha DAWs so if you have speakers not on the list of the over 700 models already done do pop along.

You only need to bring one speaker but please call us first to book a time and let us know what speakers you have so we can double-check they are suitable.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
@Rufus McDufus: there is a further edit to the day's schedule. Just noticed a time change in the OAC correction email:

Devialet Mathieu visit: Wednesday 17th July 3pm to 7pm
NOT Thursday 18th July 12noon to 4pm
Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable
(16-May-2019, 08:00)spater Wrote: @Rufus McDufus: there is a further edit to the day's schedule. Just noticed a time change in the OAC correction email:

Devialet Mathieu visit: Wednesday 17th July 3pm to 7pm
NOT Thursday 18th July 12noon to 4pm

I've changed it to 3pm to 7pm (on 17 July)
Puh, there would be so much to ask Devialet (actually all questions that were collected for HighEnd in Munich meetup 2018). Bit foremost it‘s why should we, as early supporters of Devialet, still believe in it after so many disappointments and promises that were made repeatedly and time after time were not kept. Where is the ongoing and open communication with customers, online board, finally a focus back on Expert line ... every time over promising under delivering.
It’s sad to see that the Expert line team put in place a few months ago broke up - so what is finally going on? There is just no delivering of features that were again and again promised for years(!) and are still not in place ... up to severe bugs that are known and there are no bug fixes provided.

I so very much would love to regain trust but when there are again and again such sad things happening it‘s very though to do.
Weird, I listen to mine every day and it just keeps on working just as well (if not better) than it always has.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Seems you are lucky on not using Roon via Gigabit connection for example
I've used Roon RAAT with a gigabit connection without problems ever since we got the Roon Ready update. In that time I've tried 3 different connection gigabit connection methods, one using a Netgear GS105 switch to connect my Nucleus+ to my 140, one where I replaced the switch with an Orbi satellite, and my current method where I connect the 140 directly to the Nucleus+ ethernet connection with manual IP addresses and connect the Nucleus+ to my network using a separate ethernet connection via a USB3 to gigabit ethernet adapter. I had no problems with any of those connection methods.

Not everyone gets the "audio file is loading slowly" problem and I'm actually not certain that most people get the problem with a gigabit connection. Some definitely do and some definitely don't.

But in any event, reading @NickB signature which contains system details, it appears he's using Roon AIR which doesn't get the problem.

And while I would not want to read too much into it, in the poll on whether people preferred Roon RAAT or Roon AIR, more people who responded preferred Roon RAAT to Roon AIR. I can't imaging the people who preferred Roon RAAT, of whom I was one, would have expressed that preference if they were getting the problem which is one of the reasons whether I wonder whether a majority of people who try using RAAT with gigabit connections run into the problem. The big problem with interpreting the poll result in this context is that there were only around 40-50 responses which is a relatively small sample so I'm reluctant to draw conclusions from it and the survey did not ask whether people were using a wired or wifi connection to their Devialet which would also make a difference in how we interpret that response but the fact that there was a preference for RAAT does seem to suggest that there are people using it successfully without problems.

I certainly agree that it would be good to ask Mathieu about the problem to see if we can get some answers on it for those with the problem.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
For what it's worth, I do slightly prefer Roon RAAT over AIR even though I'm forcing the network speed down to 100mbps to do so. Besides, it allows me to run multiple zones in sync. I don't do it often, but it's great to know I can.

As to when Devialet will get around to fixing it is anyone's guess, but that would certainly be high on my list of questions to ask. I'd love to think it will be solved by mid-July but not holding my breath.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
@mdconnelly : "I'd love to think it will be solved by mid-July but not holding my breath."

I agree that it would be great if there was no need to ask the question by mid-July. Ignoring sound quality there are advantages to using RAAT for a lot of people. It really should work without problems for everyone and, given that it's now more than 3 months since we got the Roon Ready update, we should have had some comment about the problem from Devialet by now at the very least though a fix would be a lot better than a comment.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia