Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPnP gapless playback ?
Am i missing something in my setup to get gapless ? 

220 Pro with the CI board, running the latest FW fed via a Melco N1A. Using A&K app to drive things. I notice the CI board in UPnP mode loads the whole track for playback so i take it that there is some interaction between the Dev and Melco missing to start loading the next track before the previous is completed to allow gapless ?

Any guidance greatly appreciated. 

James

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
See point 4 - may need to change controller mode (probably to 1, or possibly hybrid).

https://www.melco-audio.com/support/faq/
Thanks Rufus. I assumed that those settings only applied when using the Melco with a USB DAC (as i used to use it before the CI board). Put it into Hybrid mode but no difference unfortunately

James

Ah, that's annoying. Worth trying mode 1 just in case but sounds like that's not it. Perhaps try a different app to see whether it's app-related? I tend to use boring old Linn Kinsky which should work OK in mode 1. You're using the UPNP server on the Melco right? Is it the inbuilt Twonky server?
Hi James, play music with upnp streaming for 4 hours. Gapless works!
My setup: Devialet CI - Melco (Mode 1) - App AK 2.0
Format: 96 - 192khz / 24 bit

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Hmm - thanks both. I was in mode 1 (used to use Kinsky when using USB but that would only play 1 track at a time when using UPnP) so it should have worked. I'll have a further play...

Thanks again

James

(18-Jun-2018, 21:22)james n Wrote: Hmm - thanks both. I was in mode 1 (used to use Kinsky when using USB but that would only play 1 track at a time when using UPnP) so it should have worked. I'll have a further play...

Thanks again

James

Hello James, Kinsky or Kazoo (both upnp open home) do not work with upnp streaming, stops for a title. It works with AK 2.0 app!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
Yes i found that with Kinsky which is why i moved to the AK app. Still no gapless. I'll drop Alan at Melco a mail and see what his thoughts are here.

Cheers

James

Just one other thought - what format is your music in. I'm using ALAC which makes me wonder if that's got something to do with my gapless issue ?

I could rule that out by converting one of the albums back to AIFF and see if that sorts the problem out (not that that is a good long term solution)

James

(19-Jun-2018, 22:28)james n Wrote: Just one other thought - what format is your music in. I'm using ALAC which makes me wonder if that's got something to do with my gapless issue ?

I could rule that out by converting one of the albums back to AIFF and see if that sorts the problem out (not that that is a good long term solution)

James

Hello, only FLAC from 44.1 to 192khz!
Germany / Bavaria