Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB Regen from UpTone
I should log into DV chat more often. Ordered mine yesterday and found this thread today. Very interested in this little device. 

James

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
Had an email from Uptone last night to say that my shipment would be delayed by about 10 days. On the plus side it seems that all unshipped orders will be sent as an updated version which is supposed to be about 40% better sound wise so should be well worth a slight delay!

http://uptoneaudio.com/blogs/news/200684...the-latest
Hi everyone - I recently moved from a Naim + Hugo combo to a Devialet (to be set-up this weekend).

I was planing to connect my Auralic Aries to the Dev. But ideally I would connect the Dev directly to my Synology NAS avoiding one more box. However the RF noise from the NAS would surely affect the SQ. So I was wondering:
1/ Is the Regen an USB isolator, ie. does it also eliminates RF noise - as the Olimex isolator does?
2/Does it support +24/48 format? (the Olimex does not)
3/ is the Dev's USB inputs galvanic isolated?
Thanks!
Synology NAS > Auralic Aires > Devialet 120 > Dali Epicon 6
(21-May-2015, 15:29)restelodb Wrote: Hi everyone - I recently moved from a Naim + Hugo combo to a Devialet (to be set-up this weekend).

I was planing to connect my Auralic Aries to the Dev. But ideally I would connect the Dev directly to my Synology NAS avoiding one more box. However the RF noise from the NAS would surely affect the SQ. So I was wondering:
 1/ Is the Regen an USB isolator, ie. does it also eliminates RF noise - as the Olimex isolator does?
Thanks!

The Regen is not an isolator as in galvanic isolation, but it will clean up the USB signal dramatically, including RF.
The Regen is transparent to all rates so will absolutely work above 48kHz. Even with  DSD and DXD
The Devialet USB input is not isolated

Connecting Synology directly to Devialet would only work via USB. AIR Ethernet is not available for Linux and Audio Station on your Synology is nowhere near as good as the Aries. Synology -> ethernet to Aries and USB from Aries via Regen to Devialet will be good. Maybe you could look at one of the filtering ethernet cables like the Totaldac to put in front of the Aries.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(21-May-2015, 19:11)ogs Wrote:
(21-May-2015, 15:29)restelodb Wrote: Hi everyone - I recently moved from a Naim + Hugo combo to a Devialet (to be set-up this weekend).

Thanks!

The Regen is not an isolator as in galvanic isolation, but it will clean up the USB signal dramatically, including RF.
The Regen is transparent to all rates so will absolutely work above 48kHz. Even with  DSD and DXD
The Devialet USB input is not isolated

Connecting Synology directly to Devialet would only work via USB. AIR Ethernet is not available for Linux and Audio Station on your Synology is nowhere near as good as the Aries. Synology -> ethernet to Aries and USB from Aries via Regen to Devialet will be good. Maybe you could look at one of the filtering ethernet cables like the Totaldac to put in front of the Aries.
Thanks ogs - this sounds very interesting indeed
Synology NAS > Auralic Aires > Devialet 120 > Dali Epicon 6
May I know anyone compare and/or know the differences between Regen and iFi iPurifier?
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Lots of people have done that on CA and i cant recall one who prefers the ipurifier
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Sorry to be lazy, has anyone heard the USB Regen here yet on a Devialet?
Will the USB Regen connect directly to the Devialet without obstructing the SD port?
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
rufus - i wont have mine until june unfortunately.

rwjr - you can use either a solid connector peice from the regen to the amp or i believe it also comes with a short flylead which you could use if you are worried about the SD port.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)