Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
USB direct or streamers
Hi,
My system is:
-D200
-CD LINN UNIDISK 1.1
-LINN 242 Speakers.

Yesterday I connected one NAS to D200,way USB.
The sound is  worst than the cd player connect to Spdif.
This is the question,will the sound improve with a streamer? For example Arcam rplay?

Thanks a lot!!
Hi @juanma welcome here!
What software are you using for file play back?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(09-May-2018, 17:49)ogs Wrote: Hola @ "juanma" bienvenido aquí!
¿Qué software está utilizando para la reproducción de archivos?

Hi ,
thanks lot for the welcome.
I ripped with dbpoweramp,Flac.
The NAS is a Synology DS112j and the app is a Synology DS Audio.
USB cable,by the moment,is a cable of my printer cable.

Thanks
Is there a UPnP/DLNA server for your NAS? I'd recommend you check out Allo's DigiOnePlayer, a Raspberry Pi with a SPDIF 'HAT'. So ethernet in and SPDIF out. USB direct to your amp may not be the best solution for you.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(09-May-2018, 19:06)ogs Wrote: ¿Hay un servidor UPnP / DLNA para su NAS? Te recomendaría que revises Allo's DigiOnePlayer, una Raspberry Pi con SPDIF 'HAT'. Entonces ethernet in y SPDIF out. USB directo a su amplificador puede no ser la mejor solución para usted.

This is the question,I  haven’t got any streamer,the NAS is connected direct to D200 USB,in your opinion better with streamers.
What is the better streamer for D200,until 1000€?

Thanks a lot.
When I was using my Synology NAS I got great results using Minimserver. I was using JRIVER at the time.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US