Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB output to laptop not working(?)
I bet it's the security settings in OSX.

If you go to the Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Security & Privacy
Click the padlock and enter your password to unlock the panel.
Open the Privacy tab and in the left hand pane  scroll down to Microphone and select it.
In the right hand pane that'll light up, scroll down to Audacity and click on it to enable it to use the mic input.
Note although it's labelled Mic, it's more about enabling Audacity to use CoreAudio, and this is where you do it.
Then, restart Audacity and you should be good to go.

/P.
440 Pro CI, Roon ROCK, Technics 1200G, Celestion Ditton 66
(17-Aug-2020, 21:17)pjlarge Wrote: I bet it's the security settings in OSX.

If you go to the Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Security & Privacy
Click the padlock and enter your password to unlock the panel.
Open the Privacy tab and in the left hand pane  scroll down to Microphone and select it.
In the right hand pane that'll light up, scroll down to Audacity and click on it to enable it to use the mic input.
Note although it's labelled Mic, it's more about enabling Audacity to use CoreAudio, and this is where you do it.
Then, restart Audacity and you should be good to go.

/P.

That's sadly not it, I also tried upgrading to Catalina, PRAM reset, running it on strictly the master without the slave. The Devialet USB 2.0 doesn't detect any sound on both Audacity/VinylStudio.
Don't know if that might help put running windows on Parrallels desktop and installing the Devialet USB Driver+windows Audacity didn't work either. Sad
If you open System Information on your Mac, and navigate to Hardware->USB, do you see anything in the device tree corresponding to your Devialet? (Sorry I can't remember at the moment exactly how it shows up on my Mac. If it would be helpful I can check later and will update my post.)
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(20-Aug-2020, 04:47)thumb5 Wrote: If you open System Information on your Mac, and navigate to Hardware->USB, do you see anything in the device tree corresponding to your Devialet?  (Sorry I can't remember at the moment exactly how it shows up on my Mac.  If it would be helpful I can check later and will update my post.)

Yeah that's what it shows (in french sorry)
Devialet USB Audio 2.0 :

Identifiant du produit : 0x0008
  Identifiant du fournisseur : 0x28d4
  Version : 6.50
  Vitesse : Jusqu’à 480 Mo/s
  Fabricant : Devialet
  Identifiant de l’emplacement : 0x14200000 / 19
  Courant disponible (mA) : 500
  Courant requis (mA) : 500
  Exploitation supplémentaire actuelle (mA) : 0
That looks promising - at least the hardware is being recognised.

Over the week-end I'll connect my Devialet and Mac together to remind myself what the next steps should look like, and we can compare notes if that would be helpful.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(21-Aug-2020, 21:58)thumb5 Wrote: That looks promising - at least the hardware is being recognised.

Over the week-end I'll connect my Devialet and Mac together to remind myself what the next steps should look like, and we can compare notes if that would be helpful.

Hello! 
Coming back to this thread after more than a year. I have installed Adobe Audition on my Macbook Pro, running Catalina 10.15.6.
The Devialet USB input is seen in System Preferences and in the System Information. But in System prefs there is no sign of any sound coming through (using vinyl as input on the Devialet). Same in Audition - no sound coming through. 

So I am still stuck :-(

If you did manage to get your system working it would be great to hear how you did it!

thanks

Dave
(30-Aug-2020, 16:07)barneyd51 Wrote:
(21-Aug-2020, 21:58)thumb5 Wrote: That looks promising - at least the hardware is being recognised.

Hello! 
Coming back to this thread after more than a year. I have installed Adobe Audition on my Macbook Pro, running Catalina 10.15.6.
The Devialet USB input is seen in System Preferences and in the System Information. But in System prefs there is no sign of any sound coming through (using vinyl as input on the Devialet). Same in Audition - no sound coming through. 

So I am still stuck :-(

If you did manage to get your system working it would be great to hear how you did it!

UPDATE: I just followed the instructions for doing this on a Windows machine (running Windows 10) with Audacity: exactly the same - no sign of any audio coming through the USB. Seems to me this all points to a fault on the side of the Devialet, not the computers, cables, software :-((
And given that Devialet seem more keen to sell us as many Phantoms as possible and not support the Experts, I don't hold out much hope

thanks

Dave
Hey there,

I have ripped all my records into 24bits/192kHz in the last 3 years (1.750 records, a lot of work). But it sounds beautiful (Clearaudio euro 20.000) and only my ripped SACD (DSD Oppo 105D rip, 6 channels) can match these results. In the Netherlands I can rent all SACD's in the world for € 2/disc at the large Library of Rotterdam, so......DSD for free......
But back to your Audacity problem:

1. I use audacity version 2.4.2 and windows 10 version 2004.
2. Very important: I record everything in 24 bits 192kHz and therefore the windows entrance should be set at the same rate. In other words: the computer and the Devialet must speak the same language. Rightclick on the speaker in the windows menu en set all the parameters right. Two computers must be connected: a Devialet is not an amplifier, but a computer!!!!
(Tell that the Pathé CEO of Devialet; he should manage the company like Microsoft; Devialet is not aware of its roots. Still so 4th September 2020...... (In Dutch: de typologie der ondernemingen volgens het stelsel van Starreveld)
3. The fore-last software of Devialet 220PRO CI had a bug where the USB dual-channel was broken after an update. The last firmware is oke again. (problem see point 2)

At the moment it is really no problem on the Devialet side, but is has been that's true. As a 200 I had never problems. If you have any questions, tell me. All your records into Roon is so beautiful.... And I am buying records secondhand nowadays at just € 2 a piece.... With a good record cleaning machine: wow!
1: Atelier d'Or no.75 (1.5m. AQ RCA-XLR), Heart 2812 QuadESL.nl, Kimber 8TC, WBT, Rel StentorII, Oppo105D (surround), Vodafone Next, Quad 303.2(!Quadrepair.nl), Kef RDM1, BenQW4000i, SBooster (3x), IfiX 3x, 125 inch, Stax 507 (2x) on Stax SRM-1S, SRM D-50, all on Iso-Ac. Gaia1, 2 and 3, Kemp Isolator source and power-, Kemp QA/ SNS plugs (6x), Furutech & ALAC maincables, AQ Blizzard, Van den Hul Mainstream, Optical 8k cables, Clearaudio (Synchro+Champion2+TT3 tangential+CM Bearing+Outer Limit+StradivariV2, 530uV, 200 ohms), NUC11 i7, Samsung-980Pro, -A8, -S24Ultra, Roon Life, Netgear 108, AQ Cinnamon all, Live cable USB, AQ jitterbug 5x, WB 18TB 2x

2: 220Pro, Kef R3, Rel Studio, Oppo103EU (surround), Quad 707(mod), Kef RDM2, all on Iso Acoustics 200, Gaia 3 & 1, LG Oled55, Furutech wall outlets(3x), AQ NRG-Z3 (2m., 5x), Kemp powerstrips, Audiotool filters, Oppo HA2+PM3 + AQ cinnamon cables

1900 recorded LP's 24/192, 850 DSD 5.1 SACD (via Oppo), 4800 ripped CD's, Qubuz

Hey there,

I have ripped all my records into 24bits/192kHz in the last 3 years (1.750 records, a lot of work). But it sounds beautiful (Clearaudio euro 20.000) and only my ripped SACD (DSD Oppo 105D rip, 6 channels) can match these results. In the Netherlands I can rent all SACD's in the world for € 2/disc at the large Library of Rotterdam, so......DSD for free......
But back to your Audacity problem:

1. I use audacity version 2.4.2 and windows 10 version 2004.
2. Very important: I record everything in 24 bits 192kHz and therefore the windows entrance should be set at the same rate. In other words: the computer and the Devialet must speak the same language. Rightclick on the speaker in the windows menu en set all the parameters right. Two computers must be connected: a Devialet is not an amplifier, but a computer!!!!
(Tell that the Pathé CEO of Devialet; he should manage the company like Microsoft; Devialet is not aware of its roots. Still so 4th September 2020...... (In Dutch: de typologie der ondernemingen volgens het stelsel van Starreveld)
3. The fore-last software of Devialet 220PRO CI had a bug where the USB dual-channel was broken after an update. The last firmware is oke again. (problem see point 2)

At the moment it is really no problem on the Devialet side, but is has been that's true. As a 200 I had never problems. If you have any questions, tell me. All your records into Roon is so beautiful.... And I am buying records secondhand nowadays at just € 2 a piece.... With a good record cleaning machine: wow!
1: Atelier d'Or no.75 (1.5m. AQ RCA-XLR), Heart 2812 QuadESL.nl, Kimber 8TC, WBT, Rel StentorII, Oppo105D (surround), Vodafone Next, Quad 303.2(!Quadrepair.nl), Kef RDM1, BenQW4000i, SBooster (3x), IfiX 3x, 125 inch, Stax 507 (2x) on Stax SRM-1S, SRM D-50, all on Iso-Ac. Gaia1, 2 and 3, Kemp Isolator source and power-, Kemp QA/ SNS plugs (6x), Furutech & ALAC maincables, AQ Blizzard, Van den Hul Mainstream, Optical 8k cables, Clearaudio (Synchro+Champion2+TT3 tangential+CM Bearing+Outer Limit+StradivariV2, 530uV, 200 ohms), NUC11 i7, Samsung-980Pro, -A8, -S24Ultra, Roon Life, Netgear 108, AQ Cinnamon all, Live cable USB, AQ jitterbug 5x, WB 18TB 2x

2: 220Pro, Kef R3, Rel Studio, Oppo103EU (surround), Quad 707(mod), Kef RDM2, all on Iso Acoustics 200, Gaia 3 & 1, LG Oled55, Furutech wall outlets(3x), AQ NRG-Z3 (2m., 5x), Kemp powerstrips, Audiotool filters, Oppo HA2+PM3 + AQ cinnamon cables

1900 recorded LP's 24/192, 850 DSD 5.1 SACD (via Oppo), 4800 ripped CD's, Qubuz