Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB vs Wi Fi
i have been streaming music from Mac to my D400 via USB for the last 3 days. And i have found it sounds better than Wi FI that i have been using for the last 4 years.I am interested to see what everyone else's experience is.
There's a poll here: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-What-is-...tal-source (albeit run some time ago).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Sonos ZP90 (Cullen modified), Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Two friends with Devialets have been using USB and wireless streaming respectively

Then I persuaded one to try an ethernet (Cat 7 shielded) cable instead of the cheapie USB cable. Within 30 seconds he said it was much smoother, the tops were not as harsh and the "3D" effect of a solo singer was more noticeable

He is running an inexpensive ACER laptop running Windows 10 and streams from Tidal Hi-Fi and also has a HDD. Media Player is JRiver

Forgot to say: If I stream from the Macbook to the Devialet via wifi, then the Internet does not work. Probably a configuration issue, but I have not ascertained it yet

Cape Town - South Africa