Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update to OS2 and a “remote”
My system is a semi-old Silver (Bluetooth yes, AirPlay no), a Dialog (to get AirPlay), and a remote control. I’m pondering the OS2 update. I only play on it via AirPlay, so I’m mostly on-board, but the migration talks about remotes thusly:

Quote:You can indeed add a remote of the same Devialet OS.

Add a Remote V2 if you update your Phantom/Dialog to DOS2.

Add a Remote V1 if you keep your Phantom/Dialog in DOS1.

What do they mean by “v1” and “v2”? Are they talking software or the physical remote? Nothing in their OS2 upgrade documentation mentions the remote.

(and trying to sign into their help page is crashing ZenDesk so that’s not working)
(29-Oct-2019, 14:06)avidee Wrote: My system is a semi-old Silver (Bluetooth yes, AirPlay no), a Dialog (to get AirPlay), and a remote control. I’m pondering the OS2 update. I only play on it via AirPlay, so I’m mostly on-board, but the migration talks about remotes thusly:

What do they mean by “v1” and “v2”? Are they talking software or the physical remote? Nothing in their OS2 upgrade documentation mentions the remote.

(and trying to sign into their help page is crashing ZenDesk so that’s not working)

Hmm, I’ve just progressed through the flowchart questions and had no mention of different remote versions.

As an aside, in your instance

Advantage - no need for Dialog
Con - new software with ‘different’ Airplay implementation with unproven track record PLUS no recovery to DOS1

Personally, I’d wait for sometime before committing to the migration.

The old adage, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
Nb - of course, that assumes nothing is broke!
****don't migrate****

Dear all,

i've got two silvers and a dialog. I've migrated to new system, but only one of the two can be migrated! 

I've got an old one (serial ending on EWM9) and the ones from this periode can't be upgraded. so my stereo setup is reduced to a mono.

after several conversations with support and my dutch importeur, my only solution is to upgrade (physicaly) to a new silver to get my stereo setup working again. Cost me around the €800 with the upgrade program they offered me. It sounds like a forced upgrade and a little bit as a scam.. but another quality option is more expensive.. so i'm between a rock and a hard place.  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

so my advise... contact them before migrating!!!!

Gilbert
(29-Oct-2019, 14:41)alandbush Wrote: As an aside, in your instance

That doesn’t seem true to me. In the OS2 pages it says that AirPlay “depends on your system”. And the migration guide (which was in English for me but now is only in French) heavily implied that I’d still need the Dialog for AirPlay.
(29-Oct-2019, 17:28)gvdaa69 Wrote: ****don't migrate****

Dear all,

i've got two silvers and a dialog. I've migrated to new system, but only one of the two can be migrated! 

I've got an old one (serial ending on EWM9) and the ones from this periode can't be upgraded. so my stereo setup is reduced to a mono.

after several conversations with support and my dutch importeur, my only solution is to upgrade (physicaly) to a new silver to get my stereo setup working again. Cost me around the €800 with the upgrade program they offered me. It sounds like a forced upgrade and a little bit as a scam.. but another quality option is more expensive.. so i'm between a rock and a hard place.  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Gilbert

I own a Zigbee Phantom classic myself (P3EK)  and it's clearly written in the guide called "Should I migrate" that it can not migrate, it is also visible in the app

GUIDE : https://stonly.com/sl/d397a9dd-5494-4ec3...teps/13302

Follow the other thread, people have been discussing this all day :
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Phantom-Premier-and-Reactor-at-last-united

My advice would be to read the documentation and follow the guide before engaging into the upgrade if you're not 100% sure of what you're doing and then reach out to Devialet's customer support
(29-Oct-2019, 17:54)Haytera Wrote:

Dear all,

Gilbert

I own a Zigbee Phantom classic myself (P3EK)  and it's clearly written in the guide called "Should I migrate" that it can not migrate, it is also visible in the app

My advice would be to read the documentation and follow the guide before engaging into the upgrade if you're not 100% sure of what you're doing and then reach out to Devialet's customer support
 yes, i know that now. but the link..where was this posted? on there site?
(29-Oct-2019, 18:04)gvdaa69 Wrote:
(29-Oct-2019, 17:54)Haytera Wrote:

Dear all,

Gilbert

yes, i know that now. but the link..where was this posted? on there site?
Yes it's on Devialet's site, help section alongside the release note of the new app
(29-Oct-2019, 17:36)avidee Wrote:
(29-Oct-2019, 14:41)alandbush Wrote: As an aside, in your instance

That doesn’t seem true to me. In the OS2 pages it says that AirPlay “depends on your system”. And the migration guide (which was in English for me but now is only in French) heavily implied that I’d still need the Dialog for AirPlay.

If you have an older speaker which doesn’t have a dedicated AirPlay chipset but have a newer Dialogue which does then you’ll still require use of the Dialogue in order to use AirPlay. If your speakers have the AirPlay chipset then Dialogue is not needed even when in a stereo pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
(29-Oct-2019, 14:41)alandbush Wrote:
(29-Oct-2019, 14:06)avidee Wrote: My system is a semi-old Silver (Bluetooth yes, AirPlay no), a Dialog (to get AirPlay), and a remote control. I’m pondering the OS2 update. I only play on it via AirPlay, so I’m mostly on-board, but the migration talks about remotes thusly:

Hmm, I’ve just progressed through the flowchart questions and had no mention of different remote versions.

As an aside, in your instance

Con - new software with ‘different’ Airplay implementation with unproven track record PLUS no recovery to DOS1

Personally, I’d wait for sometime before committing to the migration.

The old adage, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
Nb - of course, that assumes nothing is broke!

The new AirPlay implementation is supposed to remove the crackle that was present at high volumes and dynamically determine connection quality better.

DOS2 is more stable.

Devialet Phantom (White)

Dear all,

Gilbert

The migration guide that Devialet published explains all of this directly.

Devialet Phantom (White)