Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade details
Any news on update for the D250? Will all the early adopter, who bought the D-premier and then updated to the D-250, be left out from the offer? Or they will receive an offer to update to the 1000Pro?
Update would be leading to a 250Pro. Not more and not less.
As the new PS has now 4000W instead of 3000W it may well be a 300 pro...
Would love to be able to go from a D120 to a D200pro (& obviously pay the extra).

Rik
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
(05-Jul-2016, 20:05)Vivialet Wrote: As the new PS has now 4000W instead of 3000W it may well be a 300 pro...

I asked Devialet for my 240/250 and they said 250Pro. Thats all I can say.
Maybe a wrong information directly from France?! You´ll never know...
It does feel like 250 owners aren't getting much attention, all focus seems to be on the mono models. It's a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(06-Jul-2016, 08:23)Chris Marshall Wrote: It does feel like 250 owners aren't getting much attention, all focus seems to be on the mono models.  It's a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As the D-Premier will be upgradable to Pro status the 250 will too. When is a different question... I think those who upgraded their D-Premier to a 240 (250) in the previous round of upgrades should get the upgrade to Pro at a very reasonable price. This upgrade will now be obsoleted by the new Pro upgrade. Especially considering the fact that we could have skipped the previous upgrade of our D-Premiers and saved 3500 Euro - and still take the amp directly to Pro status now. We do not know the price of the D-P->Pro yet of course (or any of the upgrade prices). Upgrade of 120, 200/400 and bought-as-new 250/800 should IMO have a "normal" price, whatever that may be
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I looked it up to see if I was mistaken (while knowing I was probably not since I remember I felt 'rushed') but Devialet really communicated a dead-line (July 15th, 2014) for upgrading the D-Premier to 240 specs and found the email with subject "UPGRADE D-Premier: this is the end...". See attachment.

There's also one other email before that with subject "Antoine, Upgrade your D-Premier to a Devialet 240 before it's too late." and I see I have communicated with Thierry Massoubre (does he still work for Devialet?) about it, he also wrote: "We will probably end the upgrade program after the summer vacation. We will announce a date shortly. I really encourage you to go through the upgrade for your D-Premier if you can afford it."

So, thank you Devialet...again... Angry

PS: I'm happy for the current D-Premier owners that they can upgrade, it's not that but I personally do feel misled by Devialet.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(06-Jul-2016, 12:57)Antoine Wrote: I looked it up to see if I was mistaken (while knowing I was probably not since I remember I felt 'rushed') but Devialet really communicated a dead-line for upgrading the D-Premier to 240 specs and found the email with subject "UPGRADE D-Premier: this is the end...". See attachment.

There's also one other email before that with subject "Antoine, Upgrade your D-Premier to a Devialet 240 before it's too late." and I see I have communicated with Thierry Massoubre (does he still work for Devialet?) about it, he also wrote: "We will probably end the upgrade program after the summer vacation. We will announce a date shortly. I really encourage you to go through the upgrade for your D-Premier if you can afford it."

So, thank you Devialet...again... Angry

PS: I'm happy for the current D-Premier owners that they can upgrade, it's not that but I personally do feel misled by Devialet.

It's hard though, for a company that tries to be innovative, to have a roadmap set out for such a long time.

I think what Devialet is guilty of is selling the current version as ready for some sort of streaming system to be implemented through a firmware update but as it turns out now, for that to happen you must get the hardware upgrade. Or was that the press?

As far as upgrading the amplification side of things, my opinion is that they can introduce new versions as much as they like. If you want the 'best sound quality available' every time, pull out your wallet. That's what business is about.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Pim, with all due respect, I've shown the facts; Devialet communicated a clear deadline and it wasn't 'enforced' so it was a lie. There's no excuse(s) for that in my book.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands