Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade from 220pro CI to 250pro CI or 440pro CI
Dear guys, 

I understand this has been handled in the one or the other way, but I could find any detailed opinion about that.

I own a 220pro CI and have the opportunity to a 250pro CI for a decent price. 

So what do you think would be the better way. 

1. Adding another 220pro to get 440
2. Selling 220pro to support funds for 250pro
3. Save the money and invest I to Music and concerts as the step up in both ways is not worth doing

To be known maybe.. I'm running my 220pro with Sonus Faber Olympica III and I'm really happy with that.. From time to time there is just a tendency to scratch the itch... And since I saw the 250, it's hard to stop thinking about that.. 

Thanks for answers..
I also have a 220 Expert Pro and the only route I am considering is to the 250. This also was the consensus of opinion at the OAC Devialet day back in July. Just need to save up the required funds!
Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable
I have the Expert 200, I was thinking of going the same upgrade path to 250 back then.

Decided to save funds for the next model.

When the 250CI came, I was not impressed. So I am still saving money for the next model, hopefully a radical redesign or a new amplifier model.

Still enjoying my old lady

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(24-Oct-2019, 10:29)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: I have the Expert 200, I was thinking of going the same upgrade path to 250 back then.

Decided to save funds for the next model.

When the 250CI came, I was not impressed. So I am still saving money for the next model, hopefully a radical redesign or a new amplifier model.

Still enjoying my old lady

Interesting observation. What was it about the 250CI that you didn't like? I'm enjoying my Od'A much more than the 200.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I heard a demo unit in my local dealer , next to mine.

I do not think The sound improvement corresponds well to the required amount you have to spend

And secondly , the buggy software which still falls short on promises.

Right now, I have an amplifier which delivers 100% over what promised, the new amplifier does not do that, yet.

I am not saying that the new units sound bad or not improved over the previous generation, only that I am not convinced yet by them

(24-Oct-2019, 11:35)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: I heard a demo unit in my local dealer , next to mine.

I do not think The sound improvement corresponds well to the required amount you have to spend

And secondly , the buggy software which still falls short on promises.

Right now, I have an amplifier which delivers 100% over what promised, the new amplifier does not do that, yet.

I am not saying that the new units sound bad or not improved over the previous generation, only that I am not convinced yet by them

Well, I have a 250Pro CI which was upgraded from a 250 Pro by Devialet. Am not sure what buggy software you are referring to but I use my system daily either via Roon or in conjunction with my AV system. Only troubles are if I do not reboot my MacBook for ages which can cause Roon to skip tracks. That’s a problem between Roon and Apple, nothing to do with Devialet. As you can imagine, my 20’ by 12’ listening room is easily filled by the 250 without any stress at all. I play at about -20 DB unless I am in the mood or the wife is out. I cannot give comparators between other Pro models as I only have this one. Sometimes I think about going to a 1000 then someone or something has a preferential call on my bank balance, that and I have no idea how to get acceptance from my wife. 

Anyway, whereas I accept the power differences across the Pro range am not sure if the circuitry can genuinely be so different, particularly considering the price variances, but am happy to be contradicted. 
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
Hi AnKran - tough decision and one I went through.

I went from 220 -> 440 -> 250 with the intent of getting to the 1000. The move to 440 from 220 brought out more bottom end and a little more clarity at low volumes. The move from 440 -> 250 was just slightly underwhelming - less bottom punch - but very little if any other difference.. Other than that, all three systems are so similar in all other aspects. When your biggest problem is what length of interface cable to run between two mono Devialet's, then life is pretty good.

I stream and vinyl and I find little or no difference between the 440 or 250 for the sound quality, sound signature of Devialet. I am sure better qualified ears can speak to this better than I. I still have one of my 220 left over from my 440 config and I add it into a dual mono setup once in a while to have some fun (setting the max volume of the 250 down). So I guess I'm saying I like the dual mono setup and look forward to moving to the 1000 sometime in the future. The 440 config would have been sufficient for my needs, but like you I had to try and I'm not going back.
Jim
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia
Back when I just had a 220, I also contemplated which path I would go. Ultimately, my decision was based on whether I'd ever be willing to invest in a 1000 (knowing that once I had a 250 I'd be sorely tempted to add a 2nd). The answer was no. At that level of investment, a better pair of speakers would make far more sense. So I went for the 440 and have been extremely happy with that choice. (and still quite happy with my current speakers ;-)
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I went from 120 -> 220 -> 440.
The jump from 120 to 220 was significant from a sound quality perspective but the 220 to 440 jump brought me the most pleasure. It added an effortlessness to the sound and certainly solidified the bass and widened the soundstage.
I've never heard a 250PRO, just the original d-premier on a few occasions both as a single unit and dual mono config.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
Not quite on-topic. but:

I have still not upgraded my 440 Pro to CI status. I have no apparent use for the new facilities.

Is there an improvement in sound quality with the CI 'upgrade'?

Fraser