Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade from 220pro CI to 250pro CI or 440pro CI
@RvdH ,
If you don't mind me asking, which speaker cables did you upgrade to? I do agree that the improvements are speaker dependent.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
(23-Oct-2019, 23:28)AnKran Wrote: Dear guys, 

I understand this has been handled in the one or the other way, but I could find any detailed opinion about that.

I own a 220pro CI and have the opportunity to a 250pro CI for a decent price. 

So what do you think would be the better way. 

1. Adding another 220pro to get 440
2. Selling 220pro to support funds for 250pro
3. Save the money and invest I to Music and concerts as the step up in both ways is not worth doing

To be known maybe.. I'm running my 220pro with Sonus Faber Olympica III and I'm really happy with that.. From time to time there is just a tendency to scratch the itch... And since I saw the 250, it's hard to stop thinking about that.. 

Thanks for answers..

I will choose 250 Pro, remote is much better.
(07-Jun-2020, 18:09)mdconnelly Wrote: WiFi or putting a 100 mbps switch in front of the Devialet should eliminate the dropouts.
Switched to WiFi. No dropouts so far. Thanks!

The Raat/gigabit bug remains ridiculous. I know of no car manufacturer that advertises an expensive car with all the blows and whistles and after one buys it, the boot appears not to open. When asked, the manufacturer replies: “That is a minor inconvenience indeed. Sorry for that, put your luggage on the back seats or on the roof or something. We have not yet been able to fix the problem, but we are aware of it and try to solve it, believe us. Thank you for your understanding and for being our customer”.

Well, there is not much understanding left I am afraid.

Mark Levinson No585 | Denafrips Venus II 12th | Crystal Cable XLR | Crystal Cable Diamond2 USB | Crystal Cable Reference Diamond speaker cables | MartinLogan Expression ESL 13A | Roon Nucleus + Qobuz | TeddyPardo LPS for switch and Nucleus. (I gave up on Devialet)