Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Devialet Expert Remote uncomfortable
My solution is to use the devialet app on an old or spare android phone/tablet. The app shows the source and volume as well as allow u to control basic functions like change source n volume. For me since i play spotify from mac mini to my devialet, the tablet acts also as a spotify control where the song selected on tablet is played output from mac mini into devialet.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
(09-Dec-2015, 20:06)deOnn Wrote: My solution is to use the devialet app on an old or spare android phone/tablet. The app shows the source and volume as well as allow u to control basic functions like change source n volume. For me since i play spotify from mac mini to my devialet, the tablet acts also as a spotify control where the song selected on tablet is played output from mac mini into devialet.

Would an Amazon Kindle work? A new one can be purchased for $49.99.
(09-Dec-2015, 20:26)bentrider Wrote:
(09-Dec-2015, 20:06)deOnn Wrote: My solution is to use the devialet  app on an old or spare android phone/tablet. The app shows the source and volume as well as allow u to control basic functions like change source n volume. For me since i play spotify from  mac mini to my devialet, the tablet acts also as a spotify control where the song selected on tablet is played output from mac mini into devialet.

Would an Amazon Kindle work?  A new one can be purchased for $49.99.
i reckon u can, if u find d devialet remote apk to download and know how to install to the kindle (since kindle has no google play store).
Here's Confused tip of the day.....

Use the remote to turn the amp fully down to -97.5dB and keep turning the remote dial until the Devialet logo is pointing "north" to the single power on/off remote button. One full turn back then takes you to about -50dB. Another half turn (logo south), gives you about -25dB, another quarter turn to a touch below -15dB, another quarter turn back to "north" is more or less 0dB. This works surprisingly well for me.

Another way to do it is to not worry about the display, and if it sounds too quiet then keep turning it up!
I liked the Devialet on demo and loved the feel of the remote - I detest up/down buttons for adjustments. I chose not to buy one because I couldn't see the display.
The importer offered me a vertical mount so I succumbed.
I requested a display on the remote and the engineer I talked to said they would look into it, this would be in 2011 or 2012. He came back saying the battery life would be unsatisfactory. I presumed that this would be as much because of the continuous 2-way radio comms required as the display consumption. I believe the remote only sends a signal when a control is moved so most of the time it is asleep. Nobody said anything about 2-weeks though. My camera battery only lasts about 4 hours if I disable display sleep. A sleeping display on the remote would be just like the standard one. I often listen for 4 hours in a day, having to recharge the remote daily would be a pita.
The solution they came up with for those wanting a display was the phone app.
That was quite a while ago and I played around with it a bit when it was released, but haven't used it in over a year - I prefer the tactility of the real thing.
If people are willing to pay €400 for a remote with display why not buy the cheapest iPod and load the app? Cheaper and could be used for other stuff to if wanted...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(10-Dec-2015, 19:31)f1eng Wrote: If people are willing to pay €400 for a remote with display why not buy the cheapest iPod and load the app? Cheaper and could be used for other stuff to if wanted...

I do not own a smart phone and I am not up on the differences between iPad and the operating systems of other brands. Are there cheaper tablets that could be used? That is why I mentioned the Kindle at $49.99.

I have an iPad 3 but it is in a case with attached keyboard. I love it in that configuration but it is not convenient for remote control. I would like something smaller. I want something truly hand-held and less expensive than an iPad mini. I would dedicate the new tablet to Devialet operations.

Is anybody using something that fits my wish list?
(10-Dec-2015, 20:10)bentrider Wrote:
(10-Dec-2015, 19:31)f1eng Wrote: If people are willing to pay €400 for a remote with display why not buy the cheapest iPod and load the app? Cheaper and could be used for other stuff to if wanted...

I do not own a smart phone and I am not up on the differences between iPad and the operating systems of other brands.  Are there cheaper tablets that could be used?  That is why I mentioned the Kindle at $49.99.

I have an iPad 3 but it is in a case with attached keyboard. I love it in that configuration but it is not convenient for remote control.  I would like something smaller. I want something truly hand-held and less expensive than an iPad mini.  I would dedicate the new tablet to Devialet operations.

Is anybody using something that fits my wish list?

I'm not sure if it can be done but what about an iPod touch? Come to think of it, my wife has one she doesn't use so I'll look into it when i'm back home.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(10-Dec-2015, 10:36)Confused Wrote: Here's Confused tip of the day.....

Use the remote to turn the amp fully down to -97.5dB and keep turning the remote dial until the Devialet logo is pointing "north" to the single power on/off remote button.  One full turn back then takes you to about -50dB.  Another half turn (logo south), gives you about -25dB, another quarter turn to a touch below -15dB, another quarter turn back to "north" is more or less 0dB.  This works surprisingly well for me.

Another way to do it is to not worry about the display, and if it sounds too quiet then keep turning it up!
Not sure what you mean, Confused.  When I turn my remote dial, the writing doesn't move with it. Yours does I take it. Is it an older model?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
How about that:
Take your iDevice or Androit and place it in sight, maybe on the coach table and run the Devialet app on it. You will easily be able to read the volume and input now, maybe you like to use a dock to place the device more upright.
Now take your Expert remote at your side and turn volume up and down.
The app will update with little latency.

I don't need it since I can read the display of my Devialet hanging on the wall Smile

Cheers,

Krisp
I wrote a program to display the basic info on my TV screen. Unfortunately, I lost the source code so I can't modify it!
http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=235
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.