Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Devialet Expert Remote uncomfortable
Hi, 
I also got my D200 vertically mounted but did put the settings to automatically switch of the display.
Still struggling to understand why it is so important to see the volume on the display?
Block PS100 Custom turntable/ Soundsmith Carmen - Kimber KS1011
Aurali Aries LE - Kimber USB  /  Oyaide FTVS 510
AVM Evolution CD3 - Oyaide FTVS 510
D200 - Kimber 12TC all clear - Ayon Gyrfalcon
HMS Energia RC1 mains filter- Fisch Audio power wires
Stuttgart, Germany
It is not only about the volume.

It is about settings like tone and source.

Not a frequent use case but still inconvenient.
(15-Dec-2015, 15:58)k1282 Wrote: It is not only about the volume.

It is about settings like tone and source.

Not a frequent use case but still inconvenient.

Source and volume seem pretty easy to hear...  Wink
However you're absolutely right - having phono controls, SAM level, temperatures, etc. visible would be great!
I can tell that it does not help to have the Devialet's display visible when you are more than 1 meter away from the unit...
Block PS100 Custom turntable/ Soundsmith Carmen - Kimber KS1011
Aurali Aries LE - Kimber USB  /  Oyaide FTVS 510
AVM Evolution CD3 - Oyaide FTVS 510
D200 - Kimber 12TC all clear - Ayon Gyrfalcon
HMS Energia RC1 mains filter- Fisch Audio power wires
Stuttgart, Germany
Perhaps to stop the problem of battery depletion, Devialet could configure the display on the Expert remote to come on only when a button was pressed, or the knob adjusted.  I think that a display like the one on the first Kindles i.e. E ink electronic paper displays would be most suitable as (I think) they use less power than an OLED or LCD device.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I can adjust the tone controls blind, but it would be handy to have a tone control reset option so I could program that on the remote.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)