Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Spotify with 2 Phantoms?
Hi,
I'm considering to buy a system of 2 Phantoms and 1 dialog. I'm thinking to use them mainly with Spotify Connect and was wondering if that works smoothly or if I'll be forced to use the Spark app only to make them work together as a Stereo system?

I tried asking Devialet directly but couldn't get a good answer.

Best
Works perfect without spark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Acceptable, IMO. Some long delays after eg adjusting volume. Occasionally have to disconnect and reconnect. Volume increments are too large for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally moved away from Spark and running on Roon with Raspberry Pi.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
Works perfect with spark !!
(09-May-2016, 17:36)Johnnydev Wrote: Works perfect with spark !!

Same for me. From time to time I use an RP2 with moOde player and brutefir installed. So I can add fir filters for room correction or room simulation. But since Spark is rock solid for me for local hires files and Qobuz streaming I tend to prefer it over the Raspberry that works great, too.
I had to go with Raspberry due to the problems of streaming DSD files using Spark. Roon with RPI3 and DSD works flawlessly. No dropouts at all (most important).
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
Sorry guys...why do you talk about SPARK, I use Spotify CONNECT ...and it works flawlessly for my stereo set-up
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
(10-May-2016, 02:35)trashken Wrote: I had to go with Raspberry due to the problems of streaming DSD files using Spark. Roon with RPI3 and DSD works flawlessly. No dropouts at all (most important).

You know that it is not DSD when it gets to the Phantoms right? Roon is converting to PCM.
Spotify connect works pretty good with 2 phantoms. I rarely use Spark anymore.
Now if Spotify sound quality was a bit better, it'd be perfect.