Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very positive review of 220 Pro CI
https://stereo-magazine.com/flipview/epa...0-2019-20/
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
It is interesting to see how measured performance has changed over the years and the various models. This article puts the 220Pro as outputting 173w into 8 ohms and 373w into 4 ohms.

The Stereophile review of the original D-Premier recorded 180w at 8 ohms, only 7w ahead of the current 220Pro, but the D-Premier exhibited either power supply or DSP restrictions at 245.8w into 4 ohms, whereas it seems the 220Pro is good for 373w Hifi News tested the D170 and recorded 115w at 8 ohms, and 230w into 4 ohms.

Taking all this at face value, the current 220Pro in some ways outperforms the D-Premier, and is a full 143w ahead of the original D170 at 8 watts. How much this matters to sound quality could be the subject of much debate, but it does indicate a very impressive rate of progress. It will be interesting to see if this progress continues, but I suspect it is more likely that the design is pretty much optimised now.

As for the review, lots of technical stuff, but I feel the recent Hifi Pig review actually gave more insight into how a Devialet sounds, despite the outrageous use of the "C word". (Clinical)

One point interested me, the section that reported a more natural presentation of one track when DPM was switched off. In the past, I have tried turning DPM off without noticing much difference, maybe this is something to revisit now I have made a few changes to my system.

I also noticed the article about MQA CD's. Let's not go there ......
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
This review was already linked in this thread https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Expert-2...-CI-STEREO by @Ron McKernan
Sorry about that!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB