Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vibration Control
(19-Feb-2016, 13:21)octaviars Wrote: I have the P-serie or POM as Ansuz call them.

i think its the same cable. Same price..

but did you buy the 8D strip or 8A?
I have the 8D powerstrip.

I was looking at going Ansuz on all cables but my speakercables are 2*6m so Ansuz gets really expensive.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(19-Feb-2016, 13:51)octaviars Wrote: I have the 8D powerstrip.

I was looking at going Ansuz on all cables but my speakercables are 2*6m so Ansuz gets really expensive.

that sounds expensive..

i talked with a person close to ansuz. He says that if you have the 8D you will get a significant upgrade from the powerstip alone. He think you should definitly wait with upgrading the devs powercables.. the upgrade would not be that big on the sound. The most important upgrade is made from the wall and to the strip he says. I will test this myself monday when they will come to my home with a lot of gear..

so i will not go all ansuz on all powercables for now. Only from the wall and to the strip... but let's se how it goes Smile
I got a good deal on my POM powercables so I bought them. My cable from the fuse box is a bit special as it goes directly in to my D8 no outlet so I cant upgrade that cable. Instaling this powercable from my fusebox with a Klangmodule fuseholder and on a separate RCB was a huge upgrade.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(19-Feb-2016, 14:44)octaviars Wrote: I got a good deal on my POM powercables so I bought them. My cable from the fuse box is a bit special as it goes directly in to my D8 no outlet so I cant upgrade that cable. Instaling this powercable from my fusebox with a Klangmodule fuseholder and on a separate RCB was a huge upgrade.
sounds interesting.

i will look into this.. and i will post my impressions tuesday, when the installers have been here..
I think i remember reading someone saying the improvement using the ansuz feet with one D250 was more substantial than adding a D250 and going D800 without the footers. Pretty big statement!

For those here that have the ansuz footers, what do you think? Is going to a 400 or 800 a better sq improvement than simply adding the ansuz footers to one 200 or 250 only?
(20-Feb-2016, 13:40)wikeeboy Wrote: I think i remember reading someone saying the improvement using the ansuz feet with one D250 was more substantial than adding a D250 and going D800 without the footers. Pretty big statement!

For those here that have the ansuz footers, what do you think? Is going to a 400 or 800 a better sq improvement than simply adding the ansuz footers to one 200 or 250 only?

It's a pretty big improvement, but then so is going dual mono. 

Now imagine the Ansuz feet under the 800 units!  Big Grin

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
i talked to my one of my friends today and he has discussed my purchase with another friend of his. And this guy said that he didn't think that these feet could do any difference on my speakers. According him the spikes on the speakers should do the same job, and on a wooden floor you should use the coins,

he could't see the difference. He says that these pucks under speakers is a gimmic and another way for a company to earn money.

I feelt a little stupid, because i couldn't tell the precise answer what the difference was. Can anyone tell me what they do compared to spikes on coins?

i will hear it for myself on monday, so i am not worried about my purchase. I can return it with no problem.
(20-Feb-2016, 19:57)TDA Wrote: i talked to my one of my friends today and he has discussed my purchase with another friend of his. And this guy said that he didn't think that these feet could do any difference on my speakers. According him the spikes on the speakers should do the same job, and on a wooden floor you should use the coins,

he could't see the difference. He says that these pucks under speakers is a gimmic and another way for a company to earn money.

I feelt a little stupid, because i couldn't tell the precise answer what the difference was. Can anyone tell me what they do compared to spikes on coins?

i will hear it for myself on monday, so i am not worried about my purchase. I can return it with no problem.

@TDA

Never feel stupid because some people/"friends" can't hear a difference and therefore impose others to be backward to even think of an improvement. You for sure can hear every tiny little difference.
I can tell you that spikes are quiet good. But believe it or not, it's a HUGE improvement to use carbon-disks instead of coins to put between spikes and floor.

If they have carbon-disks at the shop, they should bring these with them and you can compare it to the ansuz. Out of my experience this will make it a challange for the anzus to perform superior to the spike/carbon combination. But be very careful for the use of spikes. The slightest wobble of the speakers when the spikes are not adjusted right will destroy their performance. Even if you fix the nut on the spikes slightly harder you can hear that they perform better. So, no loose or soft fixation of spikes on speakers! It's a kind of precision work that can take some minutes, but the more exact your work on these the more precise your speakers perform.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
(21-Feb-2016, 13:26)yabaVR Wrote:
(20-Feb-2016, 19:57)TDA Wrote: i talked to my one of my friends today and he has discussed my purchase with another friend of his. And this guy said that he didn't think that these feet could do any difference on my speakers. According him the spikes on the speakers should do the same job, and on a wooden floor you should use the coins,

@TDA

Never feel stupid because some people/"friends" can't hear a difference and therefore impose others to be backward to even think of an improvement. You for sure can hear every tiny little difference.
I can tell you that spikes are quiet good. But believe it or not, it's a HUGE improvement to use carbon-disks instead of coins to put between spikes and floor.

If they have carbon-disks at the shop, they should bring these with them and you can compare it to the ansuz. Out of my experience this will make it a challange for the anzus to perform superior to the spike/carbon combination. But be very careful for the use of spikes. The slightest wobble of the speakers when the spikes are not adjusted right will destroy their performance. Even if you fix the nut on the spikes slightly harder you can hear that they perform better. So, no loose or soft fixation of spikes on speakers! It's a kind of precision work that can take some minutes, but the more exact your work on these the more precise your speakers perform.

gui

Thanks for the comment. And will get the shop to install it all. And when i say coins i dont mean money coins. But those floor protectors made of aluminium which the spikes can stand on. Didn't know the exact english word.