Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vibration Control
(25-Feb-2016, 10:41)ciptip Wrote:
(24-Feb-2016, 14:00)TDA Wrote: Incoming !!!

[Image: 67ee6f29a38bcad84147be1551bbcd9d.jpg]

[Image: 9811f2ea4f8455150da64925fe0f538e.jpg]

[Image: e39d89c113dc66441aad7daa6c4ae483.jpg]

[Image: 855628d8134489e417ef6dfb8552c070.jpg]

[Image: f56d8bdca2fbdded3dccfb44408d59b7.jpg]

[Image: e10148f0e27e1657cd46860eef1e7164.jpg]

[Image: afd6217bde50439d25cd62b20f8a43a3.jpg]

Here is a lot an 

Sorry but this is rather going in a strange direction, like, mind me, some kind of advertising gag. I'm glad for Ansuz and their R&D team as well as the marketing guys. I just hope that from this buzz not only some smart nordic guys from this forum will take profit of the nice reductions and some other (suckers?) will just subvention this action by paying the very high price. It looks like the Phonosophie principle: the gear is responsible for 25% and the rest (cable, tweaks, subatomic field treatment, whatever that is) stand for the rest of 75%... No offence to anybody!
Hello..

i know what you mean. If it actually turns out that this works better, i will be the first one angry, because  it shouldn't even be neccasary on a stereo rig for 45000 euros.

But i haven't made my review yet. if it turns out to not help at all. I will be the one to give this a BAD review. Trust me.

because of work i did not have the time to test them yet. I will rapport soon.
(25-Feb-2016, 09:14)octaviars Wrote: Looking good. Have you decided to buy all of the Ansuz stuff or are you trying them out first.

I am very pleased with Darkz D under my Devialets. The powerstrip Mainz 8D and the Mainz POM cables that I got made a nice upgrade from Isotek and Chord.

I am looking at Ansuz speakercables but I need 2*6m and MERD that is expensive......

I am a bit puzzled ! Could you tell us a bit more. How much good ? What kind of improvement ?

Because if i buy 6 Dimond dt ( the newest), it would be 860€ x 6 =  5 160 € and for 8 = 6880 €. Half prive of my Devialet. Same price than the passage from Devialet 200 to 400. 

The question is : is it the same step. 
Thank's
(26-Feb-2016, 19:46)Bob58 Wrote:
(25-Feb-2016, 09:14)octaviars Wrote: Looking good. Have you decided to buy all of the Ansuz stuff or are you trying them out first.

I am very pleased with Darkz D under my Devialets. The powerstrip Mainz 8D and the Mainz POM cables that I got made a nice upgrade from Isotek and Chord.

I am looking at Ansuz speakercables but I need 2*6m and MERD that is expensive......

I am a bit puzzled ! Could you tell us a bit more. How much good ? What kind of improvement ?

Because if i buy 6 Dimond dt ( the newest), it would be 860€ x 6 =  5 160 € and for 8 = 6880 €. Half prive of my Devialet. Same price than the passage from Devialet 200 to 400. 

The question is : is it the same step. 
Thank's

I have the normal Darkz D not the new D-tc and I have not paid the full price for them so it is no were near the price of a Devialet. I made the upgrade from a 200 to a 400 and that is a much bigger upgrade than the feet so that is a no brainer if you ask me.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Hello all,

i have now had my Ansuz hooked up for 5 days. what i got was following.

Diamond puks for D400
diamond  puks for Moon mind
Diamond adjustable pucks for Speakers.

Diamond D8 power stripe
Ceramic power cable for power stripe
aluminium pucks/holder for speaker cables
aluminium pucks/ holder for power cables.

We started by hooking up the speakers. My speakers was not on spikes before, so here i imagined there would be a  great improvement. Emmidiatly here i got a much better sound. Bas got much much better, and the sound stage improved. BUT my speakers was not on spikes before.

Then we installed the pucks under the devs and moon mind. The installer heard a big improvement. I couldn't hear anything. We removed them and installed them over again a couple a times, and i couldn't hear anything at all. He said that there was a much more controlled sound.... not to me.

then we installed the powerstripe. This was an improvement, that i could heat. It was like the amps got much more power. now it all began to sound better.

Last we installed the cable holders/Pucks and it was like the sound moved in front of my face and now the sound was very very good.

here in the weekend i then removed it all backwards, and the sound dissapered instantly when i removed the first bits. and you cannot really tell what does what. I can only say this.

In total it is a big improvement of sound. before my sound was very booming and sometimes a tad to bright. On my devs i had the tonal balance to bass -4,5 and the treble to +2 to compensate for my room acoustics. But with all the ansuz the sound became more alligned i i could easaly get the devs back to 0 on the tonal balance. There was much more control over the sound and the sound was very very correct. 3D soundimage was perfect and very precise bass.

But hear comes the negative part. By removing just one leg of all these tweeks, the good sound dissaperes. it's like they only work together. I could only hear an improvement when it all is installed. It is hard to explain, but i talked with the shop today, and he agreed with my impression. it is minimal in the different areas, but big in total.

i am sorry to say that i am actually dissapointed. I am not blown away as i was promised. Only when all is installed. and i have 20500 euros worth of Ansuz installed right now. Is it an improvements.. Yes... Is it woth the money... not really.

I think the price is to high for these improvements. I would rather buy a motorcycle or a nice gold rolex and use 2000 euros on acoustic treatment in my room.

if you can get a good price on these things, then fine. But to my MY EARS it is really minimal what the pucks do per gear. it is only an improvement in total.

If i should recommend a piece it must be the powerstripe D8. but it is stil 3000 euros without a powercord. And the powercord i used was 4000 euros. So can i really recommend it... no..

sorry for the bad english and typing mistakes.. I am at work
Quote:I think the price is to high for these improvements. I would rather buy a motorcycle or a nice gold rolex and use 2000 euros on acoustic treatment in my room.

if you can get a good price on these things, then fine. But to my MY EARS it is really minimal what the pucks do per gear. it is only an improvement in total.

If i should recommend a piece it must be the powerstripe D8. but it is stil 3000 euros without a powercord. And the powercord i used was 4000 euros. So can i really recommend it... no..

This is also my conclusion after buying Ansuz and I only bought two of the cheaper cables, they are good but the price point is to high for what you get (some will of course disagree with me). If I had not gotten a really good deal on the stuff (some demo ex, and B-stock Darkz) I would not have bought it the price is just to much for me to get over.

The Powerstrip Mainz 8D is the thing that made the biggest differens in my system compared to my previous Isotek Aquarius, more dynamic sound and a bit blacker background. My powercable goes directly from my fusepanel in to the powerstrip so I did not have to get a cable for it.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

(29-Feb-2016, 14:13)TDA Wrote: Hello all,

Diamond puks for D400

Diamond D8 power stripe

We started by hooking up the speakers. My speakers was not on spikes before, so here i imagined there would be a  great improvement. Emmidiatly here i got a much better sound. Bas got much much better, and the sound stage improved. BUT my speakers was not on spikes before.

Then we installed the pucks under the devs and moon mind. The installer heard a big improvement. I couldn't hear anything. We removed them and installed them over again a couple a times, and i couldn't hear anything at all. He said that there was a much more controlled sound.... not to me.

then we installed the powerstripe. This was an improvement, that i could heat. It was like the amps got much more power. now it all began to sound better.

Last we installed the cable holders/Pucks and it was like the sound moved in front of my face and now the sound was very very good.

here in the weekend i then removed it all backwards, and the sound dissapered instantly when i removed the first bits. and you cannot really tell what does what. I can only say this.

In total it is a big improvement of sound. before my sound was very booming and sometimes a tad to bright. On my devs i had the tonal balance to bass -4,5 and the treble to +2 to compensate for my room acoustics. But with all the ansuz the sound became more alligned i i could easaly get the devs back to 0 on the tonal balance. There was much more control over the sound and the sound was very very correct. 3D soundimage was perfect and very precise bass.

But hear comes the negative part. By removing just one leg of all these tweeks, the good sound dissaperes. it's like they only work together. I could only hear an improvement when it all is installed. It is hard to explain, but i talked with the shop today, and he agreed with my impression. it is minimal in the different areas, but big in total.

i am sorry to say that i am actually dissapointed. I am not blown away as i was promised. Only when all is installed. and i have 20500 euros worth of Ansuz installed right now. Is it an improvements.. Yes... Is it woth the money... not really.

I think the price is to high for these improvements. I would rather buy a motorcycle or a nice gold rolex and use 2000 euros on acoustic treatment in my room.

Hello TDA, that looks like a fair account to me, thanks indeed! I fully understand your disappointment given the price asked and the not so surprising effects, after all. I understand there's still a lot to investigate the physics of materials (all these fancy coatings and newly graphene conductors, wolfram mixtures, etc), but what looks appealing and logical at first hand should not necessarily bring an incremental effect, especially given the price ratio with the system installed.
Le120-Aries-RP10/Apheta-Magnat MCD850-Tannoy DC8-Cabledyne&Anticables
(29-Feb-2016, 15:33)ciptip Wrote:
(29-Feb-2016, 14:13)TDA Wrote: Hello all,

Diamond puks for D400

Diamond D8 power stripe

Hello TDA, that looks like a fair account to me, thanks indeed! I fully understand your disappointment given the price asked and the not so surprising effects, after all. I understand there's still a lot to investigate the physics of materials (all these fancy coatings and newly graphene conductors, wolfram mixtures, etc), but what looks appealing and logical at first hand should not necessarily bring an incremental effect, especially given the price ratio with the system installed.

Exactly..

I am not a professionel. I can only write my own experiences. And on some of the pucks I couldn't really tell the difference. But in a combination... Then yes...

But 20-30000 euros... Come on.. Maybe other brands can do the same for much much less.

I sort of miss my bang and Olufsen system. Coming home to it everyday was such a treat. It looked good and played very good. You just pushed play and enjoyed.. Here you press play and always listen and thinking "how could this sound better"...
I've actually been looking at commercial/industral solutions for vibration isolation for example those of Newport. See here: http://www.newport.com/Vibration%20Isola...ction.aspx Thse are used for example to place highly sensitive, high resolution microscopes on.

Their small VIB100's (see link below) might just do the job (around $100/piece if I'm not mistaken). All through solid science and engineering, no high-end audio hocus pocus and marketing BS but real world graphs showing isolation efficiency. No offense of course to anyone! Smile
http://www.newport.com/VIB100-Super-Comp.../info.aspx

Besides passive solutions there's also more expensive active ones which provide even better performance, isolating up to 1 to 2Hz or even lower.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(29-Feb-2016, 17:59)Antoine Wrote: I've actually been looking at commercial/industral solutions for vibration isolation for example those of Newport. See here: http://www.newport.com/Vibration%20Isola...ction.aspx Thse are used for example to place highly sensitive, high resolution microscopes on.

Their small VIB100's (see link below) might just do the job (around $100/piece if I'm not mistaken). All through solid science and engineering, no high-end audio hocus pocus and marketing BS but real world graphs showing isolation efficiency. No offense of course to anyone! Smile

Besides passive solutions there's also more expensive active ones which provide even better performance, isolating up to 1 to 2Hz or even lower.

Their isolations platforms looks really nice.

Sometimes one think of the stuff one buy and all of the as you say hig-end hocus pocus going on and most of the time whitout any real connection to the real world. I mean how many cablecompanys put their measurments on their website?

If I count all of my stuff that is not amps, speakers or other electronics I have put down around 4500 Euros on cables, powerstrip, feets and other stuff that I needed for my fusepanel. For me that is a lot of money.

Second system

(29-Feb-2016, 18:33)octaviars Wrote:
(29-Feb-2016, 17:59)Antoine Wrote: I've actually been looking at commercial/industral solutions for vibration isolation for example those of Newport. See here: http://www.newport.com/Vibration%20Isola...ction.aspx Thse are used for example to place highly sensitive, high resolution microscopes on.

Their isolations platforms looks really nice.

Sometimes one think of the stuff one buy and all of the as you say hig-end hocus pocus going on and most of the time whitout any real connection to the real world. I mean how many cablecompanys put their measurments on their website?

If I count all of my stuff that is not amps, speakers or other electronics I have put down around 4500 Euros on cables, powerstrip, feets and other stuff that I needed for my fusepanel. For me that is a lot of money.

My words exactly.

If i where a billionaire i Would not hesitate to buy. Because don't get me wrong. They really improve the sound in a total package. It sounds really good. I would buy it if the total price was 2500 euros.. But this is 20500 euros.. The devs should sound that good for the price. Therefor I welcome room eq to compensate for these things..