Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vibration Control
Reading about Ansus and the prices , i Think it is stupid to use so much Money ,i am sure there is a cheeper Way to tune the Sound , i Would never go that Way .Finoto.
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
I'm not an expert in the subject of vibration isolation of electronics. (Or at least I assume that is the aim here). I am familiar with vibration isolation in industry, and the solutions almost always use rubber or similar synthetic products, otherwise systems with springs.

I am utterly staggered by the sums of money involved here, what are these products supposed to achieve?

I might try a few experiments, such as getting a mate to pick up my CD player, amp or whatever when I'm blindfolded, if I can here when this is happening I might invest. But this kind of cash would buy a D400 or some very decent speakers, I don't get it!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Doesnt have to cost a milion !
http://herbiesaudiolab.net/
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
(29-Feb-2016, 22:41)Confused Wrote: I'm not an expert in the subject of vibration isolation of electronics. (Or at least I assume that is the aim here). I am familiar with vibration isolation in industry, and the solutions almost always use rubber or similar synthetic products, otherwise systems with springs.

I am utterly staggered by the sums of money involved here, what are these products supposed to achieve?

I might try a few experiments, such as getting a mate to pick up my CD player, amp or whatever when I'm blindfolded, if I can here when this is happening I might invest. But this kind of cash would buy a D400 or some very decent speakers, I don't get it!

Hey confused.

Please note that I have not bought the pieces yet. I am returning most of it. I am thinking of keeping the pucks under my speakers. But I am also considering returning it all. Because I can't actually hear a difference of only the pucks.. I need it all to hear a difference..
(29-Feb-2016, 22:48)Petter Wrote: Doesnt have to cost a milion !

Quite!  The funny thing is, I can see how these nice silicone rubbery things might work, and yes, the pricing looks very sensible.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(29-Feb-2016, 22:52)TDA Wrote:
(29-Feb-2016, 22:41)Confused Wrote: I'm not an expert in the subject of vibration isolation of electronics.  (Or at least I assume that is the aim here).  I am familiar with vibration isolation in industry, and the solutions almost always use rubber or similar synthetic products, otherwise systems with springs.

I might try a few experiments, such as getting a mate to pick up my CD player, amp or whatever when I'm blindfolded, if I can here when this is happening I might invest.  But this kind of cash would buy a D400 or some very decent speakers, I don't get it!

Hey confused.

Please note that I have not bought the pieces yet. I am returning most of it. I am thinking of keeping the pucks under my speakers. But I am also considering returning it all. Because I can't actually hear a difference of only the pucks.. I need it all to hear a difference..
Yes indeed, I did note your earlier posts, and it looked to me like you are taking a sensible approach.  

To be honest, I'd love to borrow and try some of this stuff myself, but in the end I doubt I'd ever part with too much hard cash!
(29-Feb-2016, 23:02)Confused Wrote:
(29-Feb-2016, 22:41)Confused Wrote: I'm not an expert in the subject of vibration isolation of electronics.  (Or at least I assume that is the aim here).  I am familiar with vibration isolation in industry, and the solutions almost always use rubber or similar synthetic products, otherwise systems with springs.

I might try a few experiments, such as getting a mate to pick up my CD player, amp or whatever when I'm blindfolded, if I can here when this is happening I might invest.  But this kind of cash would buy a D400 or some very decent speakers, I don't get it!

Hey confused.

Yes indeed, I did note your earlier posts, and it looked to me like you are taking a sensible approach.  

To be honest, I'd love to borrow and try some of this stuff myself, but in the end I doubt I'd ever part with too much hard cash!

Hi Brian next time you speak to Jon (when he gets back from NZ) ask him about the impact that the Diamond Ansuz pucks had. Seriously mate I'm not mucking around. Night and day improvement in my system. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Hey confused.

To be honest, I'd love to borrow and try some of this stuff myself, but in the end I doubt I'd ever part with to much hard cash!
(29-Feb-2016, 22:48)Petter Wrote: Doesnt have to cost a milion !

Haha cool, completely forgot about Herbie!! Smile

Before I owned my current VR-5's I owned a pair of VR-4 GenIII's and I used his 'Von Schweikert special', a package of the 'big fat dots', to decouple the mid/treble unit from the bass unit. I have been stupid enough to give them away with the VR-4's when I sold those.

I just saw the package deal is still on his site. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(29-Feb-2016, 23:06)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi Brian next time you speak to Jon (when he gets back from NZ) ask him about the impact that the Diamond Ansuz pucks had. Seriously mate I'm not mucking around. Night and day improvement in my system. 

Guillaume

It could make an interesting back to back test, Ansuz vs Herbie's rubbery things.

I'm ever the cynic, but I'll try most things!