Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vivid Audio B1 or 1.5 with D220Pro
(22-May-2021, 17:10)paul.oorbeek Wrote: Which speakercables are you using with the Vivids speakers?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Not sure about Drifter but I am using ASI-LiveLine speaker cables with my Vivid B1D speakers.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(22-May-2021, 17:15)Flashman Wrote:
(22-May-2021, 17:10)paul.oorbeek Wrote: Which speakercables are you using with the Vivids speakers?

Not sure about Drifter but I am using ASI-LiveLine speaker cables with my Vivid B1D speakers.
What made you choose the ASI and with what did you compare it?

(22-May-2021, 17:57)paul.oorbeek Wrote:
(22-May-2021, 17:15)Flashman Wrote:

Paul, I read a few reviews of ASI LiveLine cables and decided to go for a full loom without any comparison.  A leap of faith.  It helped that I was living in France at that time, as I could pick them up directly from developer/manufacturer, Franck Tchang, in Paris.  On a rainy day I arrived in Paris from Clermont-Ferrand, had lunch at a bistro, and then ambled over to Franck's atelier.  Franck entertained me by showing me some of his ingenious inventions and then he played guitar for me before packing up my ASI loom for my trek home.  I've never looked back!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(22-May-2021, 22:01)Flashman Wrote:
(22-May-2021, 17:57)paul.oorbeek Wrote:
(22-May-2021, 17:15)Flashman Wrote: Not sure about Drifter but I am using ASI-LiveLine speaker cables with my Vivid B1D speakers.

Paul, I read a few reviews of ASI LiveLine cables and decided to go for a full loom without any comparison.  A leap of faith.  It helped that I was living in France at that time, as I could pick them up directly from developer/manufacturer, Franck Tchang, in Paris.  On a rainy day I arrived in Paris from Clermont-Ferrand, had lunch at a bistro, and then ambled over to Franck's atelier.  Franck entertained me by showing me some of his ingenious inventions and then he played guitar for me before packing up my ASI loom for my trek home.  I've never looked back!

That is a Nice experience. I Will add it to The list of cables to look for.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk