Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vivid B1
Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while and this is my first post on DevialetChat.  I have a D250 and may soon have a chance to buy a used pair of Vivid Audio B1's.  I'd welcome comments from anyone who is using these speakers with a Devialet.  

Also, the B1's were added to the SAM-ready list a few days ago, has anyone yet experimented with SAM for these speakers?  If so, I would apprecicate your comments.

Thanks!
I've heard the 250 powering Giya G3s and it sounded very good. It's not the same speaker but the drivers are more or less the same. I would find it hard to believe you would be disappointed. The way the highs were all there but never harsh was the most surprising.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I had the K1 with the D-Premier which was a very good combination. With SAM it will be even better, my G2 has improved a lot with SAM.
All Vivid Speakers share the same sonic signature, the bigger models are only more refined and have deeper bass of course.
Same as Pim, I listened to both G3 and G2 driven by D800 and they were absolutely stunning. I think it will also be a nice match with B1.

But of course if you can get to audition them it will be the best thing to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I have the B1's and a 200 and think they're a great match, so probably the 250 would be better still. The looks might divide opinion but I love them. The are number of very positive reviews on the web which I'm sure you've checked out. As most of them say, I think they are very open and uncoloured sounding speakers but not at all bright. They're certainly hitting much lower notes with SAM but the bass is too much for my room and I've dialled it right down though I haven't had much time to experiment with it.
I have G1's and D premier , have a pal with the v 1.5's with a 120 ( upgrading to G3's) , have another pal with B1's with a 200 , and another pal with G2's with a lindemann amp , and yet another with G1's with a devialet 800 (col66's)
The B1's are a very good choice , you wont be dissapointed
ALL of the vivid speakers are amazing in my book .. Smile (But I *may* be biased)
The only thing I found with SAM, on a set of V1.5's is that at higher levels wiuth bassy stuff you can hear the bass limiting , but at 50% SAM isntead of 100% , this goes away.
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
Thanks for all your replies!  Your comments are very encouraging.  I'm actually traveling in South Africa at the moment and hope to arrange for an audition of the B1's while I'm here since my local dealers don't carry them.  I recently heard the smaller desktop Vivid's and the sound was quite promising considering that they use the same tweeter and woofer as the B1.
(16-Apr-2015, 17:23)dcaplan Wrote: Thanks for all your replies!  Your comments are very encouraging.  I'm actually traveling in South Africa at the moment and hope to arrange for an audition of the B1's while I'm here since my local dealers don't carry them.  I recently heard the smaller desktop Vivid's and the sound was quite promising considering that they use the same tweeter and woofer as the B1.

Where are you travelling in SA

The factory is based in Durban - they will even schedule a factory tour
If you come to CT, you can hear the g1's at mine or Cols place , the 200/B1 at Garth, the G3/120 at Markus (or 1.5/120.. depends if he gets his G3's by the time you here)
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
Hi, thanks to all for your responses. I'm in Cape Town for a few more days, and then I'll be in Johannesburg for about 2 weeks. I recently arranged to audition a few Vivid models at a dealer in Johannesburg, and I'm looking forward to it.