Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vote for SAM request
Now they have dropped Magico Q1 from "soon," as well. Very disappointing.
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
I remember reading somewhere that they intend to have over 200 speakers SAM'ed eventually. Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually start processing speakers that don't have 100 votes. There just aren't enough audiophiles, let alone Devialet users out there to reach 100 votes for more than a few dozen speakers. Currently there are 28 speakers with over 100 votes, and that hasn't changed much over the past 2 weeks. Furthermore, a good 12-16 of those are the ones that were SAM'ed upon release of SAM, so most of those votes weren't even real votes. Just shows how few speakers would ever get SAM'ed if they stick to the 100 vote requirement.
Thorens TD-166 MK II, Intel NUC (Streacom fanless case, Windows 10, Audiophile Optimizer, Roon, HQPlayer and Acourate), HDPlex 100W LPSU, Uptone Regen, Devialet 120, Sonus Faber Liuto, GIK Acoustics Bass Traps
Seems to me that, rather than voting, they should actually find out what speakers Devialet owners actually have, and start from the top. Between their dealers and the registration requirement for access to the Configurator, I would think they have a pretty accurate way to figure this out.
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
(26-Jun-2014, 20:21)flohmann Wrote: Seems to me that, rather than voting, they should actually find out what speakers Devialet owners actually have, and start from the top. Between their dealers and the registration requirement for access to the Configurator, I would think they have a pretty accurate way to figure this out.

That's exactly what I thought they should have done - ask which speakers current or prospective Devialet owners have and then prioritise accordingly. They've now cleaned up the votes a few times and the picture is now clearer/more stable than it was but they have not really inspired much confidence in their user base.

BTW,p I've heard the extremely positive benefits of SAM and really hope they produce a profile for my speakers Smile
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
There is now SAM ready for SONUS FABER Cremona M...

so it is time to get SAM ready for another speakers from CREMONA line...

Devialet's FRIENDS please support me and please vote for SONUS FABER CREMONA AUDITOR M... I need YOUR support and some votes to hear my Auditor M in full glory of sound...

Thanks in advance

Chris
(25-Jun-2014, 23:23)pete86 Wrote: I remember reading somewhere that they intend to have over 200 speakers SAM'ed eventually. Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually start processing speakers that don't have 100 votes. There just aren't enough audiophiles, let alone Devialet users out there to reach 100 votes for more than a few dozen speakers. Currently there are 28 speakers with over 100 votes, and that hasn't changed much over the past 2 weeks. Furthermore, a good 12-16 of those are the ones that were SAM'ed upon release of SAM, so most of those votes weren't even real votes. Just shows how few speakers would ever get SAM'ed if they stick to the 100 vote requirement.

New to the forum as contributor (I've been reading for a month or so), hello everyone!

I recently purchased a Devialet Ensemble from Devialet in Paris (amazing compact system, BTW), and they told me they want to make SAM universal ultimately. The 200 speakers target figure is actually what they hope to do by Xmas time this year.

I just checked and they already have added about a dozen speakers since I bought my system two weeks ago!
You can have a view of the list by browsing the configurator, but there is a much sexier list as a slideshow on their Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...989&type=3
Anyone knows what's the process and work is required for devialet engineers to make a speaker SAM proof? May be there are things, we, as users, can do to help speed up the process to get our own speakers SAMed.
Last time I entered in my profile in Devialet.com, to get the new firmware release, I saw a field I had not seen before: the brand and model of my speakers. I filled that in before leaving with my humble Gallo Stradas 2 (only 9 votes in the list). I'm not planning to buy anything else for the foreseeable future, so I hope that the Devialet guys take into account what we REALLY have (and not someone's wild dream).

On the other hand, what's the point of fulfilling your current customer's requirements? Probably is wiser to fulfill the prospective customer's needs instead...but then you need to tell the really interested from the trolls and dilettantes. If you sum up all the votes, there are many more than Devialets sold - by an order of magnitude, if not two.
Oslo: sources: Mac Mini/Itunes/Audirvana,  glassfiber toslink/Mapleshade clearview USB to D200;
Double helix to Gallo Strada 2 with mapleshade stands, TR3 subwoofer.

Spain: Oppo 95 vacuumstate modded, Kimber select 1021, Linn Classik Movie Di to Gallo Solos through Goertz Python cable

(31-Jul-2014, 07:59)warpeon Wrote: Anyone knows what's the process and work is required for devialet engineers to make a speaker SAM proof? May be there are things, we, as users, can do to help speed up the process to get our own speakers SAMed.

I was told by one of the longest serving Devialet engineers that a group of engineers need the speaker in the lab for 3 days to map all the aspects required to produce a SAM correction for it.
It is unlikely that many/any owners would have the instrumentation or expertise to even start...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I think that SAM processing should be a service for all devialet owners to obtain the best performance by own system... so I think that the priority are the "devialet speakers" and not the voted speakers...