Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Weak Companion/Right Channel on Monoblocks
it seems that only d400 users has this kind of feedback. how about d800 users?
i wonder if we have many d800 users here?
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
correction to my units conversion

Convert millisecond to microsecond (ms to μs) and back. Time: 1 000×T[ms]=T[μs ]. 0.001×T[μs]=T[ms].
This may just be an OCD moment, but it does concern me that Devialet may have disabled the use of the delay feature with SAM for a reason? Although if it sounds OK maybe this is not the case. @Will03, does SAM still sound like it's working as it should? I guess it might be worth a query to Devialet just to double check this usage.
if all its doing is delaying when a sound plays its hard to believe it could affect sam buttt you never know right
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
so far the sound stage expand and more coherence. get closer to d200 now. currenty busy to fine tune my system. but lazy to ask dev marketing guy by email.

btw ive found that the config file can be edited by win notepad by yourself. many setting can be easily read and change without using configurator.
(02-Aug-2015, 11:36)Will03 Wrote: correction to my units conversion

Convert millisecond to microsecond (ms to μs) and back. Time: 1 000×T[ms]=T[μs ]. 0.001×T[μs]=T[ms].
What delay are you using now? (0-20000 in the config)
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(02-Aug-2015, 12:14)Will03 Wrote: so far the sound stage expand and more coherence. get closer to d200 now. currenty busy to fine tune my system. but lazy to ask dev marketing guy by email.

btw ive found that the config file can be edited by win notepad by yourself. many setting can be easily read and change without using configurator.

Yes, you can edit the config file in any text editor.  However its content includes a CRC which the amplifier checks before applying the settings in the config file - this is a safety check to prevent mis-configuration that could damage the amplifier or speakers.  So I had understood that changing the file in a text editor (without updating the CRC) would result in a config file that the amplifier would not load.

From what you say, though, either the amplifier is no longer checking the CRC or you have found a way to update the CRC to match other changes to the configuration file.  Please let us know either way.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I wrote a mail to Devialet asking about the possibility that there is a slight delay between the master and the slave (to me it is odd if they haven't taken this in considerarion when using two amps) but lets see what they have to say about it. Also I asked what happens if you first unchech SAM in the config and then sets the delay and turn SAM back on if both the delay and SAM works correctly.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Trying around 150 usec. Using RCA to XLR adapter with Viard silver HD coaxial link cable.