Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Weak Companion/Right Channel on Monoblocks
(03-Aug-2015, 10:29)completeluxury Wrote: octaviars wouldnt it be a good idea instead of putting your speakers close together etc to actually measure the time delay from the listening position?

just in case the speakers arent exactly symmetrical

I am not doing any measuring, dont have the equipment. I dont think I will fiddle with this untill I get a answer from Devialet about the delay and SAM working togheter and if it is so that there is actually a delay between the master and the slave. To me the  reponse from Devialet is that they are going to check this when the development team is back in 3 weeks.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(03-Aug-2015, 06:11)Will03 Wrote: the delay is 0.x ms range.
connect devialet usb input from laptop.
put the mic between the exact center of the left right speakers (you may move your speakers very close to each others). use the software CARMA by audionet or other software to check time response.

if you want to measure frequency response, put speakers back to normal position. put the mic above our seats at head level.

Can you recommend a microphone?
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
thanks octaviars for constructive equiries to dev team.

pls highlight few of us has same experience about d200 is little more cohearence than d400.

let dev team to check. maybe suggest them to use clock cable to sync between units. or using better clock remapping method.

i still believe dev team can spot out and correct any imperfection within very short period of time. because of highly configurable DSP design of expert line.

Now. my system sounds more completed to me with delay setting. it is time to rest and listen to music. Smile Just aware that one setting suitable to someone doesnt mean that it is suitable to others.

Oct pls update us if there is any news. thanks again.
(03-Aug-2015, 10:29)completeluxury Wrote: octaviars wouldnt it be a good idea instead of putting your speakers close together etc to actually measure the time delay from the listening position?

just in case the speakers arent exactly symmetrical

Was thinking more about this, the possibility to get the mic exactly at the same distans between the speakers and not have things that make the measurement wrong you would probably need to measure at the output of the amp.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

That makes good sense to me. Also, if I were making the measurements with a mic I think I'd try swapping the speaker cables at the amplifier to make sure the measured delay "changes sides" and is not due to systematic error (i.e. microphone placement).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
This is from my latest config file testing were I put in 300us and after that enable SAM again.

Master config file.

"ADH_DELAY_L_A":0.0003,
"ADH_DELAY_L_B":0,
"ADH_DELAY_R_A":0.0003,

Slave config file.

"ADH_DELAY_L_A":0,
"ADH_DELAY_L_B":0,
"ADH_DELAY_R_A":0,

Second system

At the end of the day, we want to sound to be best at our listening positition, so all measurements should pertain to how they relate to said position.

For a good USB microphone have a look at the miniDSP umik-1. i do all my measuring with it and it comes highly recommended and pretty cheap.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(03-Aug-2015, 23:31)completeluxury Wrote: At the end of the day, we want to sound to be best at our listening positition, so all measurements should pertain to how they relate to said position.

For a good USB microphone have a look at the miniDSP umik-1. i do all my measuring with it and it comes highly recommended and pretty cheap.

Do you use the calibration file for this microphone?
And where did you get the calibration file from?
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
I have a UMIK-1 too; they're each supplied with their own calibration file. More accurately, if I remember correctly, you can download the calibration file given the serial number of the microphone.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(04-Aug-2015, 08:27)thumb5 Wrote: I have a UMIK-1 too; they're each supplied with their own calibration file.  More accurately, if I remember correctly, you can download the calibration file given the serial number of the microphone.

What software do you use with the UMIK-1?
And how do you use it?
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket