Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Weak Companion/Right Channel on Monoblocks
i got mine from here http://csacoustics.com/

they calibrate it before sending it out and give you a usb stick with all the relevant files.

miro you could use any number of softwares... if it were me looking for a free things to do i would download REW (room eq wizard) and you can use it to analyze your listening room and the time delay etc.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(03-Aug-2015, 23:31)completeluxury Wrote: At the end of the day, we want to sound to be best at our listening positition, so all measurements should pertain to how they relate to said position.

For a good USB microphone have a look at the miniDSP umik-1. i do all my measuring with it and it comes highly recommended and pretty cheap.

I agree with you but if Devialet will measure this or calculate they are probably going to exactly implement the delay that acours between the master and the slave in the firmware and I doubt anyone can really listen to the diffrenses a couple of microseconds (I mean the diffrenses between say 290us to 300us) so to get the most accurate measurment it will be without the speakercables and speakers directly at the output of the amps with the crystalcable that they supplied with the amp that is my opinion. Setting up the mic so exactly that you dont get any errors in the delay measurment is in my opinion impossible.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(04-Aug-2015, 09:17)octaviars Wrote:
(03-Aug-2015, 23:31)completeluxury Wrote: At the end of the day, we want to sound to be best at our listening positition, so all measurements should pertain to how they relate to said position.

For a good USB microphone have a look at the miniDSP umik-1. i do all my measuring with it and it comes highly recommended and pretty cheap.

I agree with you but if Devialet will measure this or calculate they are probably going to exactly implement the delay that acours between the master and the slave in the firmware and I doubt anyone can really listen to the diffrenses a couple of microseconds (I mean the diffrenses between say 290us to 300us) so to get the most accurate measurment it will be without the speakercables and speakers directly at the output of the amps with the crystalcable that they supplied with the amp that is my opinion. Setting up the mic so exactly that you dont get any errors in the delay measurment is in my opinion impossible.

But it is also impossible for Devialet to measure exactly.

And as you observed, there are differences in the acoustics of rooms.
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket

But don't you think that you want to correct for delays caused by all the components, including the speaker cables and speakers?  After all, it is the correction of delay at the listening position that we want to achieve.  Every effort must be made to optimize the microphone capability and placement, but I think measuring the entire stereo chain is the correct approach.
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
(04-Aug-2015, 11:23)MusicFirst Wrote:

But don't you think that you want to correct for delays caused by all the components, including the speaker cables and speakers?  After all, it is the correction of delay at the listening position that we want to achieve.  Every effort must be made to optimize the microphone capability and placement, but I think measuring the entire stereo chain is the correct approach.

+1
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
there is something to be said for measuring directly out of the output so to speak. it would give you the true audio delay from master to slave so even if you moved your speakers/changed rooms/components/whatever then you know it wont make a difference however personally id prefer to make my measurement at the listening position.

Each to their own in their own system though right?
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(04-Aug-2015, 11:34)completeluxury Wrote: there is something to be said for measuring directly out of the output so to speak. it would give you the true audio delay from master to slave so even if you moved your speakers/changed rooms/components/whatever then you know it wont make a difference however personally id prefer to make my measurement at the listening position.

Each to their own in their own system though right?

I think there is a big difference between our goals as individuals and the goals of a company like Devialet:

As individuals we aim at optimizing the one configuration that we are using. So measurement at the listening position makes most sense there. 

However, when you are a company like Devialet, what makes more sense are measurements that eliminate the specificities of individual configurations and therefore are applicable to all of them, in which case a measurement made at the electrical terminations of the units, therefore eliminating any contributions of speakers, cable, room etc. is what makes more sense in my opinion. 

Best regards,
Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Good points guys. In any case, how would one measure the delay at the speaker outputs of the Ds?

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
(04-Aug-2015, 12:01)MusicFirst Wrote: Good points guys.  In any case, how would one measure the delay at the speaker outputs of the Ds?

Kerry

Actually it would be wonderful if someone could post a "how to guide" with really straightforward explanations for dummies like me. I already have a microphone...

I'd love to be able to fine tune the delays for a perfect setup.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
when ive got an easy to decipher how to ill def post it in here.