Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WesCrackin's system
A few pictures of and words about my system“s“ in the living room and the office, consisting of the equipment in my signature. 

Love our apartment but as an "audiophile" of course I am already dreaming of moving into other places in the future where I might have better opportunities for room placement since, as for most people, my room is still the biggest limiting factor in turning a nice system into a very nice system. In my case the house is a very old building with beautiful but sonically disadvantageous floors and ceilings so basically anything over 30dp the neighbors can sing along with my music.. They still don‘t hate me luckily since I am trying to keep louder sessions very short and infrequent..

The room obviously has other issues that I could treat by hanging acoustic panels etc. but actually I get not too much bad stuff in the mids and highs and absolutely love the deepest bass I get, especially through 100% SAM. Upper bass tones are more problematic, so any good tip in this department is very welcome. The problem is the look of the room shouldn‘t drastically change or else it‘ll be hard to argue with my fiancé [Image: smile.gif] It's hard to see in the photo, but the left speaker is much farther away from the rear wall than the right one, so there is one position on the couch where both speakers are the same distance. For convenience I often fiddle with the balance, though.

Turntable is of course a Technics SL1200 mk II, stock, with Ortofon 2m Bronze cart. I very much like the sound I am getting with this combination even compared to high-res files, but at the same time I would love to put a higher end turntable right next to mine one day and just see what is possible in vinyl playback. Anyone in the Hamburg area with such a table willing to share his experience let me know ; )

For the office the 2 Reactor 600s are just the most perfect thing ever for me to have on the desk. I always loved listening to music while on the computer, up to this point always with cheap Logitech 2.1 active systems. With the Reactors there is no sub needed ever and they are an absolute joy for music and games. I use toslink from PC to Reactor and tweak the sound, mostly low bass with Equalizer APO, it‘s ridiculously fun. Whenever I travel for leisure, I take at least one Reactor with me. One is the ultimate boombox, two are a better hifi system than 95% of households. So I guess I am kind of making up for the overkill desk setup by using them as much as I can..

Little side note, In the hallway I have my Dad‘s vintage Kenwood KR-6030 and and his Yamahas. Just because they are beautiful. And of course there needs to be music in the hallway! Oh yes, there is a chromecast audio connected to all of the mentioned. The google app even has the option to add 60 ms delay to the Reactor one, so its all perfectly in sync. Ohhh the world we live in.. I swapped out the old lamps in the old receiver with LEDs so it can always be illuminated and act as a nightlight : )

D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
Very nice looking! I like your taste.
(24-Mar-2020, 19:44)WesCrackin Wrote: A few pictures of and words about my system“s“ in the living room and the office, consisting of the equipment in my signature. 

Hi,  great systems! Smile

Does the Expert remote work with Reactors?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
That's a lovely setup, nice job.
Living Room: Devialet Dione
Very well thought out configurations that have been purpose built for their individual use cases. Enjoy the music!
Thanks so much guys!

(25-Mar-2020, 22:44)ogs Wrote: Does the Expert remote work with Reactors?

I hoped but no :/ Just keep a second one at the desk at the moment. Currently have a loan Expert here as long as mine is in Paris for inspection, so I have the luxury of 2 remotes  Smile
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
Hey @WesCrackin couldn’t help but notice! Try the Lamb and feta meatballs on page 204, had these for dinner tonight  Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Kii Three & Kii Control. Aurender N100. VPI Prime Turntable with Benz micro Glider SL cart. RCM Sensor2 Phono stage. PS Audio P5 power regenerator.
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Ooh! Thanks, Craig1512, for pointing out an Ottolenghi cookbook new to me, and WesCrackin for having it to be seen. It is fun to share more interests, although I'll try to keep this somewhat on topic:
The cookbook looks nice in context of a Kii Control (keeping this on audio) or Phantom system (w/ teasing Expert control).
Craig1512, I don't remember reading of your transition from B&W to Kii. Did I miss an interesting comparison writeup?
@Craig1512 Haha you're killing me! Didn't try the meatballs yet, will do next week Big Grin

Count me second with @deviousalet, very interested in your journey from 802s to the Kiis..