Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What album are you listening tonight?
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Skeleton Tree
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
(09-Oct-2016, 14:31)KraaijCheck Wrote: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Skeleton Tree

Great album, but tough to hear...

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bugge Wesseltoft: New Conception of Jazz, 2007
(08-Oct-2016, 17:29)thumb5 Wrote:
(08-Oct-2016, 14:09)Axel Wrote: Walter Becker-Circus Money. CD.

Tracks 2&4 are outstanding.

Perhaps needless to say, Walter Becker's other album "11 Tracks of Whack" is also superb.

I'm with you on that one!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
The Steven Wilson-remixed Tales From Topographic Oceans by Yes. This album has built up such a bad reputation over the years I'd forgotten how much I actually like it, and the remix is terrific.
Great, Rufus, I'll try to get it. I haven't listened to it in a long time but I always liked it a lot – didn't know about the bad reputation.

Right now: CD rip of Sarah McLachlan, Fumbling Towards Extasy.

Excellent rock/pop, quite folky but at the same time sophisticated. It's a late 90s record, I still love it.

L

Nicolas Jaar - Space Is Only Noise (Vinyl)
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
(13-Oct-2016, 11:11)Rufus McDufus Wrote: The Steven Wilson-remixed Tales From Topographic Oceans by Yes. This album has built up such a bad reputation over the years I'd forgotten how much I actually like it, and the remix is terrific.

Rufus, any idea where I can get the Steven Wilson remix of Tales as a download? I can find the previous remastering done in 2013 but not this newer (and it seems better) remix.

Thanks, cheers!

L

(14-Oct-2016, 15:43)LBameule Wrote:
(13-Oct-2016, 11:11)Rufus McDufus Wrote: The Steven Wilson-remixed Tales From Topographic Oceans by Yes.   This album has built up such a bad reputation over the years I'd forgotten how much I actually like it, and the remix is terrific.

Rufus, any idea where I can get the Steven Wilson remix of Tales as a download? I can find the previous remastering done in 2013 but not this newer (and it seems better) remix.

Thanks, cheers!

L

Hi L,

Apparently Jethro Tull's remixes by Steven Wilson are the only albums  to be available for downloading at the moment. 

Regards,

Bruno
Bruno

Auralic Aries g2.1 / Chord Qutest / CLEARAUDIO Blackmotion - cartridge Clearaudio Virtuoso V2 mm/  /Gryphon Diablo 300 / Blue jeans cable / Apertura Edena Evolution
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother (Progressive Rock, vinyl)

Underestimated (also by the Pink Floyd members themselves) but superb album!

[Image: kcGrMq.jpg]
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components