Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What album are you listening tonight?
Weather Report

The Live In London CD features a line-up of Joe Zawinul (keyboards), Wayne Shorter (sax), Omar Hakim (drums), Victor Bailey (bass) and Jose Rossy (percussion) places this between 1982 and 1984, so that narrows things down to the final three shows.
Recorded live in London in the 80s, originally for radio shows, but now available on Stream/CD.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Melodrama - Lorde

I'm waiting for it, that green light, I want it

Now what is this, Jazz, Funk, Crossover (if I ever know what that would be) or something else?

Whatever, it is HUGELY entertaining, fantastic music, and, as always with ACT, superb recording!
SonicTransporter i5 - AirPort Extreme - Devialet Expert 120 - ATC SCM 19 v1
Michael Rosenberg’s latest pleasant effort

Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
All Blues

Of the album, Frampton explains, "I have always loved to play the blues. When we formed Humble Pie, the first material we played together was just that. For the last two summers I had been playing a handful of blues numbers every night on stage with Steve Miller Band. I enjoyed this immensely and it gave me the idea of doing an 'All Blues' album live in the studio with my band. We started the resulting sessions 9 days after coming off the road last year. Over a two-week period, we recorded 23 tracks, all live in the studio. The energy of these tracks is completely different from building a track one instrument at a time. With this recording, we pay tribute to all the original artists who invented this incredible music. I hope you can hear and feel our enjoyment. I'm not sure if you can say we had fun playing the blues. But we definitely did." (HRA)

Peter Frampton, guitar
Adam Lester, guitar, vocals
Rob Arthur, keyboards, guitar, vocals
Dan Wojciechowski, drums

Download HRA 24/96

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
This is an album when The Jazz Crusaders still played Jazz, beforeswitching to Soul Funk (even though some albums from this era are quite good). The recording is not so good, but still, a truly enjoyable session!

Beyond Blue videogame soundtrack

[Image: Nh5Tv0f.png]

Some info

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archi...lue-soundt
This is the Jazz Messengers last album before Lee Morgan left, soon to be replaced by Freddie Hubbard. Blakey‘s drum solo on ‚Freedom Rider‘ is superb!

Van der Graaf Generator "Pawn Hearts"

[Image: qt00pI3.png]

Favourite band from my teenage years. Hard to believe this album was recorded nearly fifty years ago - the quality of the engineering and recording is superb, and the music still sounds progressive (in all senses) even today.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Nightintales from China Moses

They say the night conceals many stories. China Moses is the narrator of the night; her new album Nightintale" shines a fascinating light on her journey through night time’s terrain. She conjures up images and moods with her warm, astonishingly flexible alto voice, as figures and places take shape in the listener’s imagination. Eleven expressive songs recount the intoxication of love (Hang Over) and its bitter ending (Whatever), of vices (Nicotine) and passions (Put It On The Line), of awakenings and courage (Running). It’s a sparkling kaleidoscope that blends jazz, soul, R & B, blues and pop into a multi-faceted whole. Her 2008 debut album This One's For Dinah, a tribute to the legendary Dinah Washington, established China Moses as a major voice. Now recognized as a jazz and soul diva with her own style, Moses has no need to hide behind her idol. On her new album Nightintales, China sings her own compositions. Chapeau! For the listener, many a pleasurable evening enjoying this rich, multi-hued jewel of an album lie ahead. Source: HRA

Tip: Put one the Line Wink

Germany / Bavaria