Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What now with Dialog?
(22-Nov-2019, 17:39)ragwo Wrote:
(22-Nov-2019, 11:49)rsemedo Wrote: Hi all,

In context of this Thread, "Dialog useful/not useful anymore?"...for a while I've been planning to change my setup around my (near future) house refurb and on the back of that to buy a new Samsung 4k (with theirs OneConnect HUB's). My idea was to go full minimalistic regarding cables :-) ...on the TV room only have the TV attached to the wall(connected through the wall via fibre to the OneConnect Hub in a cabinet ~5m away) and the two Phantom Gold only connect to the mains (and maybe Ethernet in case of wireless stability issues). Inside the cabinet I would connect the TV/HUB via optical to the Dialog, with everything else connected to the hub, streaming box, HTPC, etc...now with DOS2 is there a way to achieve this without the Dialog? Basically I don't want to have a Toslink cable coming out of the TV into the back of Phantom in my TV room.... :-)

On a side note, for the owners of Dialog's, did they ever made use of the USB connection in the router? Is it possible to connect a music source to that?

Many thanks everyone.
I believe you'll need a Dialog to achieve that. You could buy an used one, the price has plummeted after DOS2. The USB port is for diagnostics only.
I thought so... ? ....I will keep on the look out for the Dialog price to come down and give it a go... thanks.
Devialet support has now confirmed that it's only possible with one Dialog per setup with DOS2. That's quite a bummer. Used Dialogs are dead cheap here in Norway right now and another optical input or two would be most welcome.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage