Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When is the new Firmware coming?
Hi,

Some of us have debated that the promised software upgrades have been few of late and I do not consider 'updates' when the 7.1.1 version is changed but still is called 7.1.1 five months later. 
Under the description of the EVO platform the following is stated by Devialet:

"At least twice a year, Devialet offers you the opportunity to make your Devialet even better. 

Performance, functionalities, the Devialet software upgrades transcends your device in a few seconds.
These evolutions are free, easy to process and made possible thanks to our 45 engineers, who work daily to improve your Devialet according to your needs."

Did we really have this? I also thought this statement was omitted but obviously not!?  

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
As far as I'm concerned right now apart from AIR everything works great. One thing I don't want is any firmware updates that break things. So I'd much rather Devialet take their time and get it right.
I notice Dev's website still includes these words:

"At least twice a year, Devialet offers you the opportunity to make your Devialet even better.

Performance, functionalities, the Devialet software upgrades transcends your device in a few seconds.

These evolutions are free, easy to process and made possible thanks to our 45 engineers, who work daily to improve your Devialet according to your needs."

Should that be "at least twice a year exept 2014 when there was only one upgrade because everyone was working on the Phantom project".

I'm not moaning too much though, 2014's offering of SAM was great, (although SAM derived from the Phantom project), here's hoping 2015 will be a vintage year!

Although for those who couldn't use SAM, 2014 didn't offer too much.
(22-Apr-2015, 21:19)Confused Wrote: I notice Dev's website still includes these words:

Should that be "at least twice a year exept 2014 when there was only one upgrade because everyone was working on the Phantom project".

I'm not moaning too much though, 2014's offering of SAM was great, (although SAM derived from the Phantom project), here's hoping 2015 will be a vintage year!

So 2015 should offer at 'least' 3 upgrades Wink to compensate for 2014!!! Munich show soon here and I'll be there eyeballing them...
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(22-Apr-2015, 21:19)Confused Wrote: I notice Dev's website still includes these words:

If remember correctly there were 2 updates in 2014: 1 with the power boost and SAM and 1 with the bi-directional USB functionality. Could be wrong, though.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Eddye - Thinking about it you have a point. 2014 gave us 7.1 (more power), SAM , then 7.1.1 (Bi-directional USB etc) . You could count that as three updates. I think 7.1.1 came in July. So If you do count these as three updates, they did come within a three month period, so I think they kind of merged into one in my subconscious. So yes, Devialet are indeed very generous.
Also there is the December firmware update with the surprisingly same firmware number!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Just in case anyone here hadn't noticed!

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=1140
Thumbs Up 
(01-May-2015, 08:14)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Just in case anyone here hadn't noticed!

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=1140

Thanks for spreading the news! Though I think most of us noticed as we are like a pack of hungry wolfes for updates and glitch corrections. 
Any stray wolf should by now have joined the 7.1.3 beta pack Wink

/Mike
"Devialet Firmware 8.0 is coming"  tells us an advertisment of Devialet in "Stereo 6/15" magazine in Germany.

"Erleben sie die neue 8.0 Firmware von Devialet, inklusive neuer aufregender audiophiler Funktionen auf der
Münchner High End 2015 vom 14. - 17. Mai 2015"
220 Expert Pro - MagicoA3 - Linn Streaming - Linn LP12 Vinyl - DS-Audio 003 - PS Audio PP12 - Uptone EtherRegen - AfterDark Clock - Acourate room correction via Roon - Qobuz
Germany - Hamburg